Swart Owner's Club

CV Jee Beez

Tele-Afflicted
I was in love with my Swart Space Tone Reverb (no tremolo) until I got my high powered twin. I would play the twin and then later break out the Swart and it turned into a let down.

It's not entirely fair as my Twin's got two speakers and 4 power tubes. Just context.

I do like an AST but, the STR is going to get replaced with a Soultone Londoner (copy of a Marshall 18 watt).

Seems like I'd be better off with something entirely different than a tweed amp.

The people at Swart are really nice and super dedicated. Great customer support.

Pixies2005

Tele-Meister
I've joined the club after picking up a lightly played 2006 Space Tone 6V6 SE.
It arrived in the post earlier this week, I plugged in my Nash T52 and I lost a few hours.
How such a glorious full 3D sound comes out of such a tiny speaker I do not understand.

Thinking everything sounds good with the Nash, the next night I plugged in my stock LTD ec-256 LP style - again - glorious inspiring sound.

With the volume maxed on the amp and the volume on my guitars really, really low I get such sustain, control and versatility that it makes playing the guitar almost intuitive, surprising and fresh.

Also with my lack of chops and my leaning towards cowboy chords it is an ideal pairing as this thing makes the simplest two chord trick sound like a harmonic choir.

It's true what they say: spending lots of money on good equipment won't make you a better player..BUT, based on this and the Nash, it does make what you play SOUND a whole lot better.

ruger9

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
I've joined the club after picking up a lightly played 2006 Space Tone 6V6 SE.
It arrived in the post earlier this week, I plugged in my Nash T52 and I lost a few hours.
How such a glorious full 3D sound comes out of such a tiny speaker I do not understand.

Thinking everything sounds good with the Nash, the next night I plugged in my stock LTD ec-256 LP style - again - glorious inspiring sound.

With the volume maxed on the amp and the volume on my guitars really, really low I get such sustain, control and versatility that it makes playing the guitar almost intuitive, surprising and fresh.

Also with my lack of chops and my leaning towards cowboy chords it is an ideal pairing as this thing makes the simplest two chord trick sound like a harmonic choir.

It's true what they say: spending lots of money on good equipment won't make you a better player..BUT, based on this and the Nash, it does make what you play SOUND a whole lot better.
I have an AST Master, 12" speaker and much bigger cabinet, and I love it... but I've always wanted to try one of the little ones like the ST-Tremolo or 6V6se, the smaller ones... I'll bet the have a more vintage sound from the size and smaller speaker...

TunedupFlat

Tele-Meister
I have an AST Master, 12" speaker and much bigger cabinet, and I love it... but I've always wanted to try one of the little ones like the ST-Tremolo or 6V6se, the smaller ones... I'll bet the have a more vintage sound from the size and smaller speaker...
I've found that while they sound a little boxier maybe, they don't really sound any more vintage than our AST masters do. Speaker choice makes a difference though. I've tried an old 60's p12q in mine and that definitely made a difference.

ruger9

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
I've found that while they sound a little boxier maybe, they don't really sound any more vintage than our AST masters do. Speaker choice makes a difference though. I've tried an old 60's p12q in mine and that definitely made a difference.
Mine came with the Mojo BV-25, which I liked, but I put a Scumback M75 in it and I like it even more.

Pixies2005

Tele-Meister
I didn't think of it until you mentioned it but retro is an apt description. One of the things I'm loving IS that I'll be noodling and I'll accidentally cop a Steve Crooper / Stax sound

TunedupFlat

Tele-Meister
I've tried both the str-tweed and the str-tremolo and they both make really good sounds. The AST master with a p12q or an old cts alnico had very similar response to the little guys, just has a lot more of it.

I tried a ton of speakers in my amp and ended up back at the uk g12h.

I would love to have one of the st-6v6 se or atomic Jr heads though. They are just to cool!

standup

Tele-Meister
I have Swart Antares. The band I’m in usually does short set at places that have a backline, so often I’m playing through a Blues Jr.

But I had the Antares at a gig this week. At practice volume the tone is about right, volume on 2 or so.

For this gig I ran the volume halfway up and was getting a little more overdrive than I wanted.

I swapped 6L6s in for this gig, thinking more volume and headroom.

Next I might try a 12at7 or 12ay7 for the preamp tube, see if that gives me a little cleaner tone at volume.

I love this amp. I’m just gonna monkey with it a little.

standup

Tele-Meister
Thanks, I have the other tubes around, but don’t think I have a 5751. Maybe I’ll pick one up and compare them all.