1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Swamp ash tele thinline

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Kerry Vance, May 19, 2003.

1. Kerry Vance

Kerry Vance Tele-Meister

Several years ago I put together a swamp ash tele thinline with a maple neck that I've never been completely happy with and I was wondering if anyone else has this combination. Mine is a Warmoth body and neck with a Lindy Fralin in the bridge and a mid 60's tele bridge pickup. My main complaint is that the guitar is pretty bright -- too much high end. It's this way even unplugged -- so it's definitely not a pickup issue. I've pondered getting another swamp ash body but this time not a thinline. I imagine a rosewood board would take some of the high end out, too. I tried changing out the neck from a Japanese '62 reissue but found they were not interchangeable. The '62 neck wouldn't fit without doing some work on the neck or the pocket and the maple neck in the Japanese body had substantial gaps. So, does anyone else have a swamp ash thinline with a maple neck? And did it turn out like mine? Opinions appreciated.
    Kerry

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.