Survey: Which painted guitar would YOU like to play?

Which painted guitar would YOU would like to play?

• "Honoring Leo Fender"

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • "Clops"

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • "Smooth Ride"

Votes: 18 8.3%
  • None of them

Votes: 190 87.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Full-Tilt-Tele

Tele-Meister
Here's my favorite paint job and 'Partscaster' I've ever done yet...
A Body and matching Case package.

Attachments

• 20211130_131503.jpg
    20211130_131503.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20211130_131641.jpg
    20211130_131641.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 11

Stratocast

Tele-Holic
OK, Telecaster Friends --

I need your help. For starters, I'm not a guitar player, but I am a visual artist.

A buddy of mine has been urging me to paint on a guitar body and then sell it... somewhere. (Probably Reverb.)

So, I bought a G&L ASAT Classic body, and then worked up three rough layouts for my future oil painting. Let's call them "Honoring Leo Fender", "Clops", and "Smooth Ride".

You would do me a great favor to look at the three images below, and then tell me which one YOU would like to play.

Let me know. Many thanks.

Steve
prefer the Leo Fender one.... I would probably buy one off of you now if I could afford it...

Censport

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
I think that sounds like a nice idea.
You could use a clear pickguard and slide the portrait image underneath it. The clear pickguard will protect and showcase the photograph nicely.

I think it's a great idea. I'm being serious. Many players place unrealistic restrictions on themselves because they excessively worry about how others will judge them. "Is this a cool guitar or is it a goofy guitar?" Screw that! Why allow others to dictate to you what any form of art is "good" or "bad?" Do not fall into this trap. I think you'll be a whole lot happier for it.

Now with that out of the way, the real point of my reply is this: your mom was the only family member to encourage you to become something you are today. How can you not create a tribute to that? And there's a bonus: chicks dig stuff like this, and chicks are THE reason why most of us guitar-playing guys started into this monkey business in the first place :cool:

One last thing about how a guitar is built, how it looks, or how it was modified. Is a person's self image so fragile that a guitar belonging to someone else that rubs their fur the wrong direction is damaging to their ego? It's laughable.

Well alrighty then, I'll do it!

Peter Graham

TDPRI Member
The OP is missing a trick. If it's really ok in this day and age to objectify women by coming up with that laughably tragic Smooth Ride image, there should probably be another one called 'Manspread' featuring a young buck with his balls hanging down either side of the ashtray bridge.

Charlie Bernstein

Doctor of Teleocity
I do neither like paintings on guitars nor for example on motorcycle tanks.I think I would get tired of a picture (whatever it might show ) on my guitar after some time.
But that is my personal opinion, everyone can do what he likes.
At my house, we do what she likes!

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's
OK, Telecaster Friends --

I need your help. For starters, I'm not a guitar player, but I am a visual artist.

A buddy of mine has been urging me to paint on a guitar body and then sell it... somewhere. (Probably Reverb.)

So, I bought a G&L ASAT Classic body, and then worked up three rough layouts for my future oil painting. Let's call them "Honoring Leo Fender", "Clops", and "Smooth Ride".

You would do me a great favor to look at the three images below, and then tell me which one YOU would like to play.

Let me know. Many thanks.

Steve
Ummm, I, uh…not my style.

northernguitar

Poster Extraordinaire
The OP is missing a trick. If it's really ok in this day and age to objectify women by coming up with that laughably tragic Smooth Ride image, there should probably be another one called 'Manspread' featuring a young buck with his balls hanging down either side of the ashtray bridge.
BC Rich already cornered that market with its classic ‘hanging ballsack’ headstock.

WGREBKPK-9.jpg

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
A good picture can be enhanced or spoilt by the frame. A Telecaster is not a good frame. Put those on a wall in an art gallery and they’d maybe be seen as art. I don’t know but I think that ‘portraits’, whoever they are, have no place on a guitar and benefit neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.