1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Surprise - AV ‘52 Tele is My Favorite Guitar Ever

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by MilwMark, Jun 26, 2019.

1. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Kinda an offshoot of this thread http://www.tdpri.com/threads/psa-av-‘52-on-sale.953662/

Here she is.

821DBD2E-6F9C-497C-84AE-512C41D77986.jpeg

All I can say is “wow”. Every idea expressed effortlessly on stage. Don’t bend much but 1.5 step bends are no problem. Can play slide and “shred”

Most of my style is triad and “diad” based. Really excels at that. And sliding up and down while ringing.

Speaking of ringing - rings like a bell. Very well-made guitar. Finish is THIN. It will get beat up quick. Picked up a couple dings to the wood on the edge at the last show, just looking at it. That’s ok though.

Two shows on it and think I’ve finally found the extension of myself I’ve been close to hitting, but never quite did.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  2. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Beautiful. Congrats!

zephyrR1 and MilwMark like this.
  3. theprofessor

theprofessor Poster Extraordinaire

Excellent. Looks like a beauty! Very glad you found "the one." And I'm going to hold you to this... Don't wanna see no SG's or Jazzmasters or something like that in future threads. Now there can be no future threads! :)

AxemanVR and MilwMark like this.
  4. Slim Chance

Slim Chance Tele-Afflicted

Congratulations. My AV 52 is my favorite guitar. I’ve had it for over a year and just dropped it off for some set up work. Can’t wait to get it back. In the meantime, I’ll have to make due with the AV 64. Times are tough.

MilwMark and AxemanVR like this.
  5. DanDII

DanDII Tele-Meister

I can live with my CV for a low end Tele. It's nearly as good as my AMSTD save for the pickups.

The AV lounge for me is where Fender really picks up the quality. I realize they are more than twice the price of a Baja ...but I'd choose one every day of the week over a Baja.

My CV can and has hung with every poly coated Fender I've owned.

But the AVs, especially my fave WW Thin Skins, are in awhole 'nother league.

Congrats and enjoy!

dwh100 and MilwMark like this.
  6. AxemanVR

AxemanVR Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

My 2003 Fender AVRI ‘52 Telecaster is by far the best sounding guitar I have ever owned.

Lately I’ve been focusing on my Strats, and they sound great too, but when I go back to the ‘52 Tele there’s no comparison...

0A2377E8-88DF-4423-88AB-719B25368F11.jpeg

Congrats on yours!

swany, MilwMark and brookdalebill like this.
  7. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Great!

MilwMark likes this.
  8. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I hear you, these guitars are just Incredible IMO.
    Enjoy yours in good health.

MilwMark likes this.
  9. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Friend of Leo's

Those AVs (late 2012 – 2017) were, without contest, the best standard line Fender reissues ever made, IMO. The Flash Coat finishes were so killer. The horrid neck tint of earlier years was eliminated. The pickups are all top notch. They still had old school radius and frets. Even BSB (which I normally can't stand) was rendered beautifully.

I have several; I made sure to track most of my favorites down when I heard they were discontinued. I hope to add a '52 some day.

Congrats.

DanDII, MilwMark and AlbertaGriff like this.
  10. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Tele-Afflicted

Not really a huge surprise those are super nice.

Have fun making it ugly and worn out!!

MilwMark likes this.
  11. Zacateca

Zacateca TDPRI Member

Congratulations on that beauty! I hope you enjoy yours as I am enjoying mine! I got one just a couple of months ago and I agree that it is the best guitar I have ever played. Mine is 7.5 lbs which to me is the perfect weight. The pickups are fantastic, the neck is nice and thick, it is beautiful and it even smells great! According to the serial number it is from 2015. Why anyone would let it go is beyond me.

MilwMark likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.