Surf Punks On Dope (mix/master content)

Discussion in 'Recording In Progress' started by woodman, Mar 22, 2019.

1. woodman

woodman Grand Wazoo @ The Woodshed Gold Supporter

I've been doing some archiving lately, trying to enhance some of my better efforts and $hitcanning some of the sludge.

In the process, I stumbled across the first project I ever completed in Garageband back in 2008. It was pretty crude, but it seems to stand up across the 11-year divide. Surf/spy requires no sophistication as long as the reverb unit holds out. :cool:

Several times I've thought, maybe I should go back in and improve a coupla those tracks. But ya know what? No. I've pared a few rough edges off, but it still seems to stand on its own.

Some of the elements could be adjusted through mastering, so if you hear anything that might benefit from those treatments, please sound off with specifics. But understand that a remix is impossible, this cut being 11 years old in software that's dead as far as the hardware's concerned.

4pickupguy and whole tone like this.
  2. chulaivet1966

chulaivet1966 Tele-Afflicted

No....I hear nothing that requires rework.
    Given it's age, software used and the fact this is the stereo mix it sounds quite good to me.
    Even if you had the original stems I don't think you should overthink this one.
    It's a good mix and a convincing surf tune.....it's fine as is and I like it.
    Well done.

Carry on....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.