Surf band PIPELINE playing tomorrow afteroon

archtop_fjk

Tele-Holic
My surf band Pipeline will be playing tomorrow afternoon at KNUCKLEHEADS SPORTS BAR in San Clemente, California.
I will be playing my Telelcaster Elite!
Come by if you're not doing anything

I love good surf music! What amp/effects are you using? If my band did surf I’d probably use my Gretsch 6120 with T’Armonds. ;)

zzyzzx

TDPRI Member
I love good surf music! What amp/effects are you using? If my band did surf I’d probably use my Gretsch 6120 with T’Armonds. ;)
This is my set up and settings. If the venue doesn't let me turn my amp up to the desired level I will have the Blues Driver turned on. I've used different guitars but always come back to me Telecaster Elite.

Attachments

• IMG_4342.jpg
    IMG_4342.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 13

archtop_fjk

Tele-Holic
This is my set up and settings. If the venue doesn't let me turn my amp up to the desired level I will have the Blues Driver turned on. I've used different guitars but always come back to me Telecaster Elite.
Thanks for the image. Interesting that your reverb control is on three. I would think most classic surf songs would want a higher setting for reverb but then maybe you can have too much reverb in a live setting? Anyhow, nice pedalboard!

zzyzzx

TDPRI Member
I've tried different settings for the reverb but I found that too much reverb + delay doesn't sound good. 3 seems to be the optimal level. We're not an "authentic" surf band. We kind of have our own sound.

Hey_you

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
I would love to be there. Too many miles away. I did see a band out of Mission Viejo couple weeks ago. The Grinns. They played in Las Vegas.

Old Plank

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
A bit too far of a drive for me as well, but, have a great gig today! Long live surf bands!