Surely, if it sounds to good to be true………..

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
I drive like that, not to the extent that I'm an annoyance to other people, but very mileage conscious, with lots of leaving the car in gear (6-speed manual), foot off the gas, coasting whenever I can, slow acceleration etc, and can get upwards of 60mpg in my Turbodiesel sporty car that could easily cruise at 135mph all day if that's what I wanted.

And I really wish everyone would do it. I'm ready for some serious paradigm shifts when it comes to cars and transportation in general. And if people aren't ready and willing to do it on their own, then it's time to legislate ecologically unsunstainable habits and devices out of existence. There'll be a couple years of temper tantrums but then life goes on and people develop new hobbies and interests and all is forgotten.

Case in point: smoking. The outrage was huge when they began banning smoking in public places, now, it's just accepted and really hugely popular.
Yeah, but does the subject of this thread work !?

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
All I want to know is, will it work with this device I bought that turns water into gasoline?

Oh, and do I have to remove my Peter Brock Energy Polarizer to install it?
You may mock. My Dad firmly believed that someone, somewhere, had an engine running on water. The inventor went to Shell and asked ‘d’you wanna buy this?’. Shell checked if worked, found it really did. Shell asked him how much he wanted’ $3M was the going rate. They paid it, got the engine and then paid the same again for the plans. Finally, they paid the same again in hush money to the bloke. $9M was a small price to pay to stop people filling their cars with H2O instead of petrol. The man died rich and happy, his invention died before him.

effzee

Tele-Afflicted
Yeah, but does the subject of this thread work !?
static-assets-upload10907442851505021988.gif

effzee

Tele-Afflicted
You may mock. My Dad firmly believed that someone, somewhere, had an engine running on water. The inventor went to Shell and asked ‘d’you wanna buy this?’. Shell checked if worked, found it really did. Shell asked him how much he wanted’ $3M was the going rate. They paid it, got the engine and then paid the same again for the plans. Finally, they paid the same again in hush money to the bloke. $9M was a small price to pay to stop people filling their cars with H2O instead of petrol. The man died rich and happy, his invention died before him.
Yeah I can believe that. To his dying day my father would rant about a magic 100mpg "carburetor" that came on the market in the 1960s but immediately got hushed up by the oil companies. Telling him that cars haven't even had carburetors for forty years didn't help. He would just add that info to his bias confirmation.

Wound_Up

Tele-Afflicted
You can achieve basically the same results by simply driving "gently"......Take off VERY slowly from traffic lights, (the drivers behind you will HATE you) and begin coasting to a stop several blocks before you actually need to stop.
The device you cite will give extremely poor car performance, in the sense that you will have virtually no power or "get up".....and forget about passing slower traffic on the road.

Yea. No.

Nothing you plug into your obd port will do that automatically. You can buy tuning software and go in and modify parameters but no £30 plug in device is going to do that. I guarantee it. As an, automotive service tech for most of my life, I've NEVER seen one of those things do more than monitor what, your car does. That's it.

It likely does nothing.

bgmacaw

Doctor of Teleocity
I don't worry too much about engine performance or the price of gas. I filled up a month ago, and since then, I've driven 40 miles.

Monthly fill-ups were one of the good things before I had to return to the dreaded office a few times a week. I only put about 7000 miles on my new truck (bought last summer) in a year compared to nearly 20k a year on my vehicles in 2019 and earlier.

effzee

Tele-Afflicted
Yea. No.

Nothing you plug into your obd port will do that automatically. You can buy tuning software and go in and modify parameters but no £30 plug in device is going to do that. I guarantee it. As an, automotive service tech for most of my life, I've NEVER seen one of those things do more than monitor what, your car does. That's it.

It likely does nothing.
Absolutely correct. Just the idea that it'll work with any vehicle, petrol or diesel, should be a red flag, it's so obviously a scam. I think it's just an LED device that lights up when you plug it in, so no harm done except the dent in the wallet. Whoever is selling them is actually buying them for a dollar at Alibaba or wherever, and taking advantage of gullible people during a time of brutal financial crisis.

wabashslim

Friend of Leo's
You may mock. My Dad firmly believed that someone, somewhere, had an engine running on water.
Now if you wanna know about engines that excrete water, then sure...watch the Space Shuttle start up, or any hydrogen-O2 rocket motor, or for that matter, the fuel cells that produce electricity from H-O.
Maybe that's how this whole engine-running-on-water thing got started - somebody just got mixed up, a la tremolo/vibrato.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member

I've heard that story so many times, skeptic though I am, I actually wanted to believe this.

Masmus

Tele-Afflicted
I can sell you for only $50 a technology that has been over looked and hidden (must be because of GE and other manufacturers trying to make you buy their dryers) a genuine fully functioning solar powered clothes dryer.
CF54681C-3971-4FBA-9909-27198E59DE15.jpeg
CF54681C-3971-4FBA-9909-27198E59DE15.jpeg