1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Supro Sahara Drawing/Template?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by mcgeorgerl, Jan 17, 2021.

1. mcgeorgerl

mcgeorgerl Tele-Meister

I'll endeavor to keep this short... no promises.

A long time ago (40 Years?) I came across a Supro Sahara at a flea market for $35 and, since I was listening to a lot of David Lindley, I figured I needed a quirky guitar too. It "worked" but it needed way too much work for me to make it playable at that time since about all I could do back then was change strings badly. So I tucked it away.

Fast forward about 25 years... I got into Celtic/Irish music and was taking classes. One of the multi-instrumentalists at the school who played all sorts of music was looking for a Coral Sitar and I mentioned I had this old Supro collecting dust. I showed it to him and he quite liked it so I just gave it to him. It was just 35 bucks, right?

Now yesterday I saw this Faro guitar that is obviously based upon the Supro body style. Why not build one as a homage to my old one that got away? So I searched for drawings, sketches... and no, the guy I gave it to no longer has it... and I even looked for a basket case to get a body. I'm coming up with nothing.

Anybody know where any drawings may be found?

2. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Telefied Ad Free Member

I can't recall seeing any valco stuff around. I think that is something that would have to be drawn up.

crazydave911 likes this.
  3. mkster

mkster Tele-Afflicted

crazydave911 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.