BadTranslate

Tele-Meister
The Delta King got a mention on Music Radar's Best New Amps of 2021 list :) The Supro Keeley Custom 12 also made the list.

https://www.musicradar.com/news/the-best-new-guitar-amplifiers-for-2021

"Valve amplifiers, despite their inefficiency, indeed, because of their inefficiency, will never fall out of favour. For many, valve tone is the acme, the ideal to which all solid-state and modelling amplifiers strive for. But given the need for those valves to be worked hard for the amp to sound at its best, we'll see more and more compact low-wattage tube combo options, amps such as Supro's new Delta King series."

El Serio

Tele-Meister
I got my bk8 this month. Nice little amp. Is anything different on the new ones besides the looks of the cabinet?

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
The Delta King got a mention on Music Radar's Best New Amps of 2021 list :) The Supro Keeley Custom 12 also made the list.

"Valve amplifiers, despite their inefficiency, indeed, because of their inefficiency, will never fall out of favour. For many, valve tone is the acme, the ideal to which all solid-state and modelling amplifiers strive for. But given the need for those valves to be worked hard for the amp to sound at its best, we'll see more and more compact low-wattage tube combo options, amps such as Supro's new Delta King series."

Very cool that the new Supros get the photo in the heading of the Music Radar feature.

Really liking my new 'old model' BK 10, but just quietly at home, 'till it warms back up for gigs.

- very controllable clean and dirty tones at loud or quiet volume.

These are well-thought-out amps, with basic easy to use controls and features.

Edit: that article infers that the new Supro Delta Kings are in competition with the Blues Kings, but I think they are just a makeover, replacing the BK's

Last edited:

BadTranslate

Tele-Meister
There's a Delta King in tweed in the background of 60 Cycle Hum's new video! This is the first time I've seen someone with one of these! Looks like it's larger. Maybe a Blues king 12? Hoping for a review soon :)

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
There's a Delta King in tweed in the background of 60 Cycle Hum's new video! This is the first time I've seen someone with one of these! Looks like it's larger. Maybe a Blues king 12? Hoping for a review soon :)

That's the Delta King 12
- the tweed+stripes is sweet $649 list, I think.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter

Not to be a contrarian here, I don't think it's the amp...

But between how he has amp dialed in and what he is actually playing, I just don't like anything I'm hearing here.

The playing and the sound ( distorted sound), just is not musical, or pleasing
to me.
Really riding IMO an ugly line between clean and dirty.
His 'just on the edge of breakup' reference really was not what I think of when I hear that description, it was harsh.

I sound and play ( just mean I like what I play) much better, and with my BK 10.

Different strokes I guess

zeke54

Tele-Afflicted

I think Musicradar messed up their write-up on the Supros ... they say they have a 12AX7 and a 12AU7 tube , but no mention of the 6L6 power tube . Damn , I like the vintage looks of the Deltas , but I already have the Blues King ! Maybe in a couple years I can find a used one at a reasonable price !!

zeke54

Tele-Afflicted
Not to be a contrarian here, I don't think it's the amp...

But between how he has amp dialed in and what he is actually playing, I just don't like anything I'm hearing here.

The playing and the sound ( distorted sound), just is not musical, or pleasing
to me.
Really riding IMO an ugly line between clean and dirty.
His 'just on the edge of breakup' reference really was not what I think of when I hear that description, it was harsh.

I sound and play ( just mean I like what I play) much better, and with my BK 10.

Different strokes I guess
I have to agree that some of his tone is a little harsh , but I think that these amps were not meant to produce higher volume cleans . I do not run the gain switch on on my BK12 . To me it is not a pleasant gain . Many of us have Fender Blues Jr.s and to me the fat switch on them is similar , but more pleasing to me in terms of overdrive . Supro chose to use a Pigtronics OD for the gain , I think it would have been more useful with a pot , rather than simply on or off . I do run the boost switch on all the time on my BK12 , and with the right pedals I can get some great tones . I think running an equalizer pedal with these amps would be good also , I can't find mine or I would try it !!

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I have to agree that some of his tone is a little harsh , but I think that these amps were not meant to produce higher volume cleans . I do not run the gain switch on on my BK12 . To me it is not a pleasant gain . Many of us have Fender Blues Jr.s and to me the fat switch on them is similar , but more pleasing to me in terms of overdrive . Supro chose to use a Pigtronics OD for the gain , I think it would have been more useful with a pot , rather than simply on or off . I do run the boost switch on all the time on my BK12 , and with the right pedals I can get some great tones . I think running an equalizer pedal with these amps would be good also , I can't find mine or I would try it !!

Got it! I own a Blues Jr. ( which is now my 'big gig' amp), and for gig utility, my BK 10 is right between the BJ and my Vox Pathfinder.
I do think the BK 10 comes to life with the Boost ON, whether dialed in clean or dirty.
My problem ( for a few more weeks/Winter) is I can't turn it up ( apartment) to really hear it!

zeke54

Tele-Afflicted
I think Musicradar messed up their write-up on the Supros ... they say they have a 12AX7 and a 12AU7 tube , but no mention of the 6L6 power tube . Damn , I like the vintage looks of the Deltas , but I already have the Blues King ! Maybe in a couple years I can find a used one at a reasonable price !!
Apparently I misspoke ! It seems the DK8 does have a 12AU7 as the power tube !! Whooda thunkit ??!!