1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Supro Delta King club (Blues King)

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by BadTranslate, Jan 19, 2021.

1. BadTranslate

BadTranslate Tele-Meister

Club for the Supro Delta King amps. They were previously known as the Blues King series.

Chiogtr4x and StevesBoogie like this.
  2. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

So is this club for the new ones only?
    ( I have the BK 10)
    Do you have one?

3. BadTranslate

The Delta King got a mention on Music Radar's Best New Amps of 2021 list :) The Supro Keeley Custom 12 also made the list.

https://www.musicradar.com/news/the-best-new-guitar-amplifiers-for-2021

"Valve amplifiers, despite their inefficiency, indeed, because of their inefficiency, will never fall out of favour. For many, valve tone is the acme, the ideal to which all solid-state and modelling amplifiers strive for. But given the need for those valves to be worked hard for the amp to sound at its best, we'll see more and more compact low-wattage tube combo options, amps such as Supro's new Delta King series."

zeke54 and Chiogtr4x like this.
  4. Mission6_OG

Mission6_OG Tele-Meister

I’ve been obsessed with them lately. I have a feeling there will be one in the music room this year.

Telecaster88 likes this.
  5. El Serio

El Serio TDPRI Member

I got my bk8 this month. Nice little amp. Is anything different on the new ones besides the looks of the cabinet?

Chiogtr4x likes this.
  6. bsman

bsman Friend of Leo's

I bought a BK8 earlier this month, too.

7. Chiogtr4x

Very cool that the new Supros get the photo in the heading of the Music Radar feature.

Really liking my new 'old model' BK 10, but just quietly at home, 'till it warms back up for gigs.

- very controllable clean and dirty tones at loud or quiet volume.

These are well-thought-out amps, with basic easy to use controls and features.

Edit: that article infers that the new Supro Delta Kings are in competition with the Blues Kings, but I think they are just a makeover, replacing the BK's

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    Jakedog and Esquire Jones like this.
  8. BadTranslate

There's a Delta King in tweed in the background of 60 Cycle Hum's new video! This is the first time I've seen someone with one of these! Looks like it's larger. Maybe a Blues king 12? Hoping for a review soon :)

Chiogtr4x likes this.
  9. Chiogtr4x

That's the Delta King 12
    - the tweed+stripes is sweet $649 list, I think.

10. BadTranslate

Chiogtr4x likes this.
  11. BadTranslate

R.J. Ronquillo :cool:

woodman and Chiogtr4x like this.
  12. Chiogtr4x

I don't think I've EVER heard RJ say one word, but man he does great demos ( Eastwood)- real player for us blues/roots guys.

The 'boost' function on the BK/DK amps is addicting. I never want to turn if OFF once it's ON!

13. BadTranslate

emisilly and Chiogtr4x like this.
  14. Chiogtr4x

Not to be a contrarian here, I don't think it's the amp...

But between how he has amp dialed in and what he is actually playing, I just don't like anything I'm hearing here.

The playing and the sound ( distorted sound), just is not musical, or pleasing
    to me.
    Really riding IMO an ugly line between clean and dirty.
    His 'just on the edge of breakup' reference really was not what I think of when I hear that description, it was harsh.

I sound and play ( just mean I like what I play) much better, and with my BK 10.

Different strokes I guess

15. BadTranslate

This guy's Les Paul sounds good. With the 60CycleHum and RJ's demos I think the Tele sounds the best.

zeke54 likes this.
  16. zeke54

zeke54 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I think Musicradar messed up their write-up on the Supros ... they say they have a 12AX7 and a 12AU7 tube , but no mention of the 6L6 power tube . Damn , I like the vintage looks of the Deltas , but I already have the Blues King ! Maybe in a couple years I can find a used one at a reasonable price !!

17. zeke54

I have to agree that some of his tone is a little harsh , but I think that these amps were not meant to produce higher volume cleans . I do not run the gain switch on on my BK12 . To me it is not a pleasant gain . Many of us have Fender Blues Jr.s and to me the fat switch on them is similar , but more pleasing to me in terms of overdrive . Supro chose to use a Pigtronics OD for the gain , I think it would have been more useful with a pot , rather than simply on or off . I do run the boost switch on all the time on my BK12 , and with the right pedals I can get some great tones . I think running an equalizer pedal with these amps would be good also , I can't find mine or I would try it !!

Chiogtr4x likes this.
  18. Chiogtr4x

Got it! I own a Blues Jr. ( which is now my 'big gig' amp), and for gig utility, my BK 10 is right between the BJ and my Vox Pathfinder.
    I do think the BK 10 comes to life with the Boost ON, whether dialed in clean or dirty.
    My problem ( for a few more weeks/Winter) is I can't turn it up ( apartment) to really hear it!

19. zeke54

Yes ! This guy did a great demo . Wish he had done the DK12 , I really believe there is a tone difference between the DK10 and DK12 .

Jakedog likes this.
  20. zeke54

Apparently I misspoke ! It seems the DK8 does have a 12AU7 as the power tube !! Whooda thunkit ??!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.