Supro Delta king amps - speaker swaps?

John N

TDPRI Member
Been searching for threads on this subject but have come up surprisingly empty…

Seems like a major discussion about many amps is swapping out the speaker for something ‘better’ but haven’t found any discussion about that with the Supro Blues/Delta King amps.
I have a Delta King 10 on the way. I just happen to have a Weber Blue Pup and a Jupiter 10SC to try in it. Just wondering if anyone swapped theirs out?

Hari Seldon

Tele-Meister
I have. I put a Celestion Eight 15 in my Delta King 8, and it was a great improvement.
The original speaker produced a lot of unpleasant fizzy highs, the Celestion is much more balanced.
I like the tiny box now, it's a great practice amp at home.

John N

TDPRI Member
I have. I put a Celestion Eight 15 in my Delta King 8, and it was a great improvement.
The original speaker produced a lot of unpleasant fizzy highs, the Celestion is much more balanced.
I like the tiny box now, it's a great practice amp at home.
Great to know!

PhredE

Tele-Afflicted

I can't find much in the way of detailed specs about the stock speaker (DK10). However, at the very least, you'll need to get a 10" with what appears to be 8ohm impedance. Double check yours when you get it to make sure the impedance is clearly marked.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I bought this amp in Nov. 2020 ( cheap/Special- sold a few months later) and for me, the ( disappointing) negatives of this amp, at least to me, did not warrant my even wanting to try a speaker swap.

Beautiful, well built amp, but just a 'flat' sound, that just bored me ( I just have amps that sound much better)

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I had a supro bd10 in my Supro supreme. Very powerful, but, I ended up with a Gold 10 in there.
THe bd10 went into a vox ac4 which sounded great in that application.
Nice you have backup speakers to test.

John N

TDPRI Member
I had a supro bd10 in my Supro supreme. Very powerful, but, I ended up with a Gold 10 in there.
THe bd10 went into a vox ac4 which sounded great in that application.
Nice you have backup speakers to test.
I will give the stock speaker a fair tryout but think it’s a little chirpy sounding and my hunch is the Weber blue pup will be a great match for the Delta 10

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I will give the stock speaker a fair tryout but think it’s a little chirpy sounding and my hunch is the Weber blue pup will be a great match for the Delta 10
Ya..just looked. It (your supro) does not ship with the supro bd10, but the supro dk10. I am unfamiliar with that speaker.
Supro b10 gave massive overhead room since it is a 90watter.

John N

TDPRI Member
Ya..just looked. It (your supro) does not ship with the supro bd10, but the supro dk10. I am unfamiliar with that speaker.
Supro b10 gave massive overhead room since it is a 90watter.
Yeah I caught that after I posted. At first I thought it was a typo but I realized the supreme has a different stock speaker. The dk10 is kind of based on old field coil speakers.

Dadzmad

Tele-Meister
I've had a Supro DK10 for about 6 months now. Its an nice small "at home" tube amp the really goes well with p90s. This amp has a good stock speaker that is matched up with how the amp is intended to sound. I've swapped speakers before with other amps to good effect but I think this amp does not need it and sounds good as is. Get a double latching footswitch with a stereo cable for the boost and drive as the inputs are there. With the switch I rarely use pedals with the DK10. For mods I would replace the TAD 12AX7 with something a little smoother if you want to go there. I have an EXH 12AX7 and an old Sylvania 6v6 in mine and she sounds great.

John N

TDPRI Member
I've had a Supro DK10 for about 6 months now. Its an nice small "at home" tube amp the really goes well with p90s. This amp has a good stock speaker that is matched up with how the amp is intended to sound. I've swapped speakers before with other amps to good effect but I think this amp does not need it and sounds good as is. Get a double latching footswitch with a stereo cable for the boost and drive as the inputs are there. With the switch I rarely use pedals with the DK10. For mods I would replace the TAD 12AX7 with something a little smoother if you want to go there. I have an EXH 12AX7 and an old Sylvania 6v6 in mine and she sounds great.
I will certainly give the stock speaker a good chance. I already have 2 8 ohm speakers on hand to try just out of curiosity. I won’t be chasing an elusive tone fix with other speakers!