Supro delta king 12

horax

Tele-Afflicted
Hey,
I have the limited edition black on black delta king 12.
This thing is awesome and I think it’s one of the newer amps that will be highly revered for years.
The design is awesome, and some sweet limited editions are starting to arrive.
I love the new blackberry cream from sweet water, but not sure if I should get it and love the blacked out model.

Thoughts?

1652302044610.png

1652302091315.png

TeleFiveOh

TDPRI Member
I got the black and tweed version about a month ago and I love it. It's not a fender amp with glassy cleans and such but it's got balls and grit even when it's not breaking up. It sounds great with the Isbell tele and my PRS S2 so far, don't have to change any settings to get great tones from singles and humbuckers. The built in reverb isn't great though, that's the only complaint I have so far.

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I've heard good things... not sure if they are built well or not though. A lot of Asian crap out there... built to a $ point that's good until it quits...

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I have a BK10...nice amp.

I'd suggest picking the color combination you like and go with a single amp. IMO, the Supro 10s/12s would be niche collectables at best...so unless a person wants one at two different locations, they might be better served by investing in a completely different amp. My dollar2ninety8.

Dadzmad

Tele-Meister
I have a recent DK10 that I am very happy with. I replaced the TAD tubes (now spares) with an EHX-12AX7 and an old Sylvania 6v6. Sounds smooth and warm at low volume with my Tele or Juno. Turned out to be the perfect small amp for quiet in the house practice and turns up nicely when the Mrs goes to town. Getting an aftermarket double foot switch and proper cable for some fun was well worth it.

Esquire Jones

Tele-Holic
Got one of the older version Blues King 12’s. It’s an interesting amp and has some sweet sounds. Lightweight pine cabinet.

The tone got embiggened with new tubes. By that I mean the tone became more cromulent. If you catch my drift.

I have used it to jam with a band and it held up! It has a definite midrange flavor to it, which is, like cool, man.

I would call it a semi-pro amp and that’s not a criticism. Really.

Considering a new speaker to liven it up. Maybe the Allessandro ?

Last edited:

horax

Tele-Afflicted
I did order the new one.
Once I see it in person I will decide if it or the black one will stay.

They’re both sweet