Supro Blues King Owners Club

ReverendRevolver

Friend of Leo's
The Supro Blues King 12 is 15w of incredibly touch sensitive tone magic.

A single 6l6 and a 12ax7, cathode bias, spring reverb, optional footswitch for the boost and gain switches, effects loop, master volume, standby switch, and it's all just shy of 30lbs.

20190430_181838.jpg

Also, as of late July 2019, its been out for like 8 months, and I think its time to start an owners club.

gwjensen

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Count me in. Great little amp. Surprisingly loud and full for its size, and the reverb is fantastic.

The only thing I don't like are the hard to read knobs. Thinking of replacing them with mini chicken heads or something where I can quickly see my settings.

Smylt

NEW MEMBER!
I'm in the process of buying a small tube amp, and the blues king looks very interesting. 6L6, spring reverb an an awesome look! The only thing I'm worried about is the (potential?) lack of clean headroom. What is you experience? Can you have a clean sound at a relatively high volume? And what about pedals? Is the BK suitable as a pedal platform?

-PickupTruck-

Tele-Meister

-PickupTruck-

Tele-Meister

gwjensen

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter

jsalvaggio

Tele-Meister
I'm in the club! When your good friend texts you "you home?" and you're like "yes where else would I be lol?" and he replies "come outside" only to find out that he's giving you a brand new Supro Blues King 8 as a gift for helping him through some difficult health related issues. I'm stoked, can't wait to plug in it later!

t-luxe

Tele-Afflicted
I'm in. Had my BK12 for several months now. I've swapped out the speaker for a GASC64 to tighten up the low end, and am currently running an NOS 6L6WGB and a GE long plate 12AX7. The stock Ruby's are actually pretty good; If I hadn't already had the NOS stuff and the speaker I'd have been happy with the amp stock. I put the Ruby 6L6 back in when I want more headroom as the WGB breaks up early but sounds awesome.

ReverendRevolver

Friend of Leo's
Has anyone bothered with the footswitch yet?

I keep buying effects, other amps, and recording stuff instead.

Since gigging isn't a thing right now, and the gain mode has so far been on separate tracks from clean, I'd kinda kept pushing it back. Also, anyone know if the handmade 2 button footswitches on Reverb would work on these? Some of them look cool.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
The Supro Blues King 12 is 15w of incredibly touch sensitive tone magic.

A single 6l6 and a 12ax7, cathode bias, spring reverb, optional footswitch for the boost and gain switches, effects loop, master volume, standby switch, and it's all just shy of 30lbs.

View attachment 627441

Also, as of late July 2019, its been out for like 8 months, and I think its time to start an owners club.

Count me in baby!

After a Cyber Monday tip from Jakedog,
I just got ( tonight!) the Blues King 10 ( 5 watts, 10" speaker, 6V6 and 12AX7 )
So far so good! Beautiful amp with great features.
Here are some pics, and comments I made on a current BK12 thread:
Screenshot_20201203-183353_Chrome.jpg

20201203_183427.jpg

20201203_173946.jpg
20201203_173702.jpg

Treynor

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I bit on the Sweetwater BK12 deal last week as well. I'm thankful I got the deal that included the FSW, cover and cable.

This is my third Supro...all with very different personalities (Tremo-Verb, Statesman combo, BK12). Count me in!