1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Supro Blues King 12

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by StevesBoogie, Nov 27, 2020.

1. StevesBoogie

StevesBoogie Tele-Holic

First off, hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. We did our first ZOOM video chat with members of my family across the country. Highly, highly recommend doing this!

Second: Sweetwater is having a Black Friday sale on an amp that I have had my eye on for some time. The Supro Blues King 12. $329 brand new, a savings of $270. Includes free cable, cover, and footswitch.

I had this amp in my Reverb watch list waiting for a great price to pounce on.

My only amp right now is the Mustang GTX 100. It's a fun amp with the different modeling sounds but I'm looking for a 'steady Freddy' amp for authentic blues tones.

Lastly, I'd feel a little guilty acting on my GAS for myself when I should be buying for others!!! LOL, but how do I pass on this deal???? Also, it would be put me in the 'elite' stage of amp ownership; meaning, owning more than one amp! I've never owned more than one amp at at the same time, looking forward to having that flexibility.

Would love to hear any opinions from current Blues King owners.

2. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Don’t have the blues king but have a recent supro amp. Good quality build and tone. Imho

Greggorios and StevesBoogie like this.
  3. Treynor

Treynor Tele-Holic

I did not need this amp, but at that price I hit buy!

Marc Morfei and StevesBoogie like this.
  4. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I have never heard the Supro in person. But it has always gotten good reviews on this site. That sounds like a great price. I’m sure it would be a step up from your Mustang. We’ll see what others have to say.

StevesBoogie likes this.
  5. corndog87

corndog87 TDPRI Member

What a great deal!

Jakedog and StevesBoogie like this.
  6. drumtime

drumtime Tele-Holic

I really like mine. I paid $400. Do it!

StevesBoogie likes this.
  7. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I just came here to post this deal and give everyone a heads up. I just bought one. Didn’t really need to buy more gear this year, but at that price I had to. I’ve been wanting to pick up a dedicated rehearsal space amp. One I just leave there. This should be perfect.

8. StevesBoogie

StevesBoogie Tele-Holic

Just pulled the trigger. I had to, this was a sale that I could not back down from. I've had this amp in my Watch list on reverb.com and even used I cannot get close to this sale price today. Also bit on the Bonsai screamer pedal, the two hopefully should pair very nicely. That was going for 15% off.

After this purchase I promise I will join a GAS support group, LOL!

ChickenKiller, Treynor and Jakedog like this.
  9. Bigruckus

Bigruckus TDPRI Member

It got me..

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    StevesBoogie and Treynor like this.
  10. Bigruckus

Bigruckus TDPRI Member

I was going to buy one from another website last night for $398.00. I went to Sweetwater early this morning and found this deal......it was a no brainer..you get the amp, cover, cable, boost / gain floor switch...and free shipping....DAH...I was fast on the draw to use my Sweetwater card......about an hour after I bought it I got the shipping notice and tracking on it...wow.. Seems like a good amp....it was a top showing at the 2019 NAAM show... I have found only several negative reviews on it.

StevesBoogie and Treynor like this.
  11. drumtime

drumtime Tele-Holic

With the switch, cover, and cable included, you're getting the amp for less than half price. It's a very nice amp. SS rectifier and gain/boost, but sounds nice. The "gain" is either on of off, and therefore not as useful as it could be. Takes pedals well.

StevesBoogie and Jakedog like this.
  12. Jakedog

SS rectifier is a selling point for me. I greatly prefer it. The boost seems to be sort of similar to my Origin combo. I just leave it on.

13. SbS

SbS Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Damn, it's in discount here too. But really got no budget left since just built a partscaster. Well, such is life.

14. drumtime

drumtime Tele-Holic

That's how I use it. Makes up for any loss incurred from my old RP500. It will get pretty loud, for a 2-tube amp, especially straight in. Doesn't sound Fendery or Marshally to me, but I don't have either at hand to really compare. It does sound like a Supro. I like how Mark Letteiri makes those sound.

15. Treynor

Treynor Tele-Holic

Lowered to $299 now...but only includes the cable. Glad I got mine before the cover and footswitch were removed from the bundle!

16. StevesBoogie

StevesBoogie Tele-Holic

Whoa. I've been missing out. Watched a couple of Mark L. and Supro videos, love that playing style. Thanks for the tip.

Treynor likes this.
  17. Jakedog

Damn. I feel like it was a better deal earlier, with the cover and foot switch included. Weird that they went that way.

Perchance they ran out of covers and switches?

Treynor likes this.
  18. Treynor

Treynor Tele-Holic

Looking forward to hearing how the BK12 fits in with my other Supro amps. I have the Tremo-Verb and Statesman combos currently. I've had the Tremo-Verb for several years, and it is one of my absolute favorite amps, all-time. I got the Statesman earlier this year when Sweetwater was blowing them out at a crazy price. It is a beast of an amp...loud and proud!

Statesman Combo
    73B45EE4-ACDF-4898-B9EC-30144D3D8D45.jpeg

Tremo-Verb Combo
    0FCF84EB-37FD-4EC8-9741-E6999129436B.jpeg

Attached Files:

19. Treynor

Treynor Tele-Holic

That is what I thought, too.

Jakedog likes this.
  20. Ash Telecaster

Ash Telecaster Friend of Leo's

I demo'ed one of these, twice. It was really primitive sounding in a good way, if that makes any sense. Maybe rustic would be a better word. It had a good blues roots tone.

The first time I tried it I was at a guitar show and I ended up buying a Dr Z z-28. The second time was at GC and I talked myself up to a Princeton 12.

I definitely do not need another amp but that thing is cool and that is an awesome price.

I love the black tweed, the sound, and features.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.