Super weekend, one of the best I ever spent.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Because of certain things going on worldwide, we hadn't actually seen our new GREAT grandbaby. Finally, though, momma, and my daughter got us geared up and going and we got to meet her this weekend. My daughter secured her, and really our friend's too, beach house for the entire weekend. Went over Friday didn't leave until Monday. Just staying in that wonderful place is a mini vacation. They had done some remodeling since we were there, and had a 75" tv on the wall, and I enjoyed all of the weekend football games. Some by DVR, because of other events.

Saturday, we all got together at my granddaughter's place, and it was a wonderful event. Momma was beside herself with joy. I was gob smacked looking at my little boy holding HIS grand baby! My head was swimming with images of my two grown granddaughters looking exactly like the new baby from back in the past. We had a wonderful dinner and retired early.

Six thirty am I was up bright and early, my son picked me up, and we headed to Avila Beach Resort golf course. I had only played one round with the irons I'm playing now, but decided to stick with my plan, and played them with the jumbo grips. I knew Avila was a handful from reading about it, and from stories from my friends who had played there. I found the golf course to be wonderful! As good as any I've ever played in design. The last hole is a dilly, forced carry over a river! I told my son I didn't know if I could get it over the water, he said there's is NO bailout, it's the only way home! I knew if I tried to hit it hard, I would never make it. I gathered myself, and said my heart is pure, and hit the best drive of the day, hit nine iron from where my ball landed in the fairway to the green, two putted for a par. I carded an 89 first time playing there and was thrilled to do so at seventy-eight years, and seven months old from the regular men's tees.

A nice lunch outside at the course where my wife, daughter, and son-in-law joined us, then back home for some DVR football, and finally one live game. Slept well that night, some breakfast, then tidied up the place, and headed home with no problems of any kind. BTW, Alex had the time of his life, my daughter brought her dog, and they played the whole time we were there!

elihu

Doctor of Teleocity
Take me with you next time!

Seriously TD, sounds like you’re living large. The phrase “high cotton” comes to mind.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I'm truly happy for you TD.

Thank you, sir! It's truly amazing that we are still doing as well as we are at our age. I know it can't hold up too much longer, I guess I'm dancing as fast as I can before the music stops. When I came home and saw that Dallas had passed, it was a sobering thought. My wife and I are playing tomorrow! Instead of a sitting in a rocking chair, my wife and I say it's time to boogie!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Good for you TD. Keep up the good “mini vacations”. :cool:
The summer house is just so cool, it's completely furnished as if someone lived there every day. They built a huge deck off the upstairs open concept living room, kitchen. You walk out on this huge deck, and you can see the surf rolling in. The house is sits up on a hill, and though the beach is more than a quarter mile away, you have a wonderful view of the town, and the surf down below. The backyard is landscaped to suit just about anyone and is just beautiful to gaze on.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
That's fantastic TD! Very nice of ya'lls friends letting you use their beach house too! We have friends who have one as well, right on the water, and we're always appreciative of them letting us chill pretty much whenever we want. We know how much it costs them to own that place, the property taxes alone are enough to give me nightmares, not to mention the constant maint. the place takes cause of the salt etc. We always try to do something nice for them in return, take em out to a fine dinner, buy em a special bottle of 80 proof, etc. etc. but it never seems to be enough from our view, but I hope it is in some small way. We always have a good time with them. We did pretty much nothing all weekend long LOL!!! Just lounged on the couch watchin' old movies etc. and it was great... it was everything I hoped it would be ;) Glad you had a great weekend!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
That's fantastic TD! Very nice of ya'lls friends letting you use their beach house too! We have friends who have one as well, right on the water, and we're always appreciative of them letting us chill pretty much whenever we want. We know how much it costs them to own that place, the property taxes alone are enough to give me nightmares, not to mention the constant maint. the place takes cause of the salt etc. We always try to do something nice for them in return, take em out to a fine dinner, buy em a special bottle of 80 proof, etc. etc. but it never seems to be enough from our view, but I hope it is in some small way. We always have a good time with them. We did pretty much nothing all weekend long LOL!!! Just lounged on the couch watchin' old movies etc. and it was great... it was everything I hoped it would be ;) Glad you had a great weekend!
It's pretty cool going over there. I always have a good time, but this was something special. Old Alex gets along famously with my daughter's dog who is about four times his size, and a female to boot. He was a little mopey this morning from missing her. The house is a split level, and so is the outside, there's a bunch of stairs inside and out. They ran up and down all of them about ten thousand times! :)

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
BTW, my daughter and son-in-law reciprocate with their time. The friend lives in yet another town farther north. Whenever she needs anything, or just wants some companionship, they always make time for her. When her husband was living, they all went to Hawaii and played golf over there, went island hopping and parasailing the whole nine yards. The lady is a good businesswoman, and she treats her friends and family VERY well.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
It's pretty cool going over there. I always have a good time, but this was something special. Old Alex gets along famously with my daughter's dog who is about four times his size, and a female to boot. He was a little mopey this morning from missing her. The house is a split level, and so is the outside, there's a bunch of stairs inside and out. They ran up and down all of them about ten thousand times! :)

Nice! Yeah.... while we know that all we have to do is ask, we rarely do cause we don't want to "impose" or wear out our welcome, that sort of thing i.e. common decency etc. you know. They end up usually asking us LOL!!! Of course we always say "you betcha!" :)

Before our dogs passed, they got along famously with their dogs! It was always a swell time watchin' those lil guys chase each other, scare up a crab or two and chase it into their holes, etc. etc., getting covered in sand whereby they all had to get baths in the outdoor shower before they could come back into the house, etc... crazy muts! :lol:

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
Because of certain things going on worldwide, we hadn't actually seen our new GREAT grandbaby. Finally, though, momma, and my daughter got us geared up and going and we got to meet her this weekend. My daughter secured her, and really our friend's too, beach house for the entire weekend. Went over Friday didn't leave until Monday. Just staying in that wonderful place is a mini vacation. They had done some remodeling since we were there, and had a 75" tv on the wall, and I enjoyed all of the weekend football games. Some by DVR, because of other events.

Saturday, we all got together at my granddaughter's place, and it was a wonderful event. Momma was beside herself with joy. I was gob smacked looking at my little boy holding HIS grand baby! My head was swimming with images of my two grown granddaughters looking exactly like the new baby from back in the past. We had a wonderful dinner and retired early.

Six thirty am I was up bright and early, my son picked me up, and we headed to Avila Beach Resort golf course. I had only played one round with the irons I'm playing now, but decided to stick with my plan, and played them with the jumbo grips. I knew Avila was a handful from reading about it, and from stories from my friends who had played there. I found the golf course to be wonderful! As good as any I've ever played in design. The last hole is a dilly, forced carry over a river! I told my son I didn't know if I could get it over the water, he said there's is NO bailout, it's the only way home! I knew if I tried to hit it hard, I would never make it. I gathered myself, and said my heart is pure, and hit the best drive of the day, hit nine iron from where my ball landed in the fairway to the green, two putted for a par. I carded an 89 first time playing there and was thrilled to do so at seventy-eight years, and seven months old from the regular men's tees.

A nice lunch outside at the course where my wife, daughter, and son-in-law joined us, then back home for some DVR football, and finally one live game. Slept well that night, some breakfast, then tidied up the place, and headed home with no problems of any kind. BTW, Alex had the time of his life, my daughter brought her dog, and they played the whole time we were there!
TD, that's living Right!
Congrats to all on your Holiday.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Nice! Yeah.... while we know that all we have to do is ask, we rarely do cause we don't want to "impose" or wear out our welcome, that sort of thing i.e. common decency etc. you know. They end up usually asking us LOL!!! Of course we always say "you betcha!" :)

Before our dogs passed, they got along famously with their dogs! It was always a swell time watchin' those lil guys chase each other, scare up a crab or two and chase it into their holes, etc. etc., getting covered in sand whereby they all had to get baths in the outdoor shower before they could come back into the house, etc... crazy muts! :lol:
Gooooood Times!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
TD, It Is A Wonderful Life.
My day feels great just from reading about
Your weekend.
Thank you, sir! I worked hard all of my life, trying to get ready for the life we are living today, it's been a lot of fun just doing what you want to.