Super Sonic modded--Lace Sensors

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
Haven't gotten to put it through its paces, but visually I really like it. The Fender Lace Sensors (golds) remind me of Mustang pickups, and the reverse slant adds to the upside-down vibe; very offset-y. Haven't quite figured out the wiring--I left the existing wiring for the toggle and used the same pots and their wiring. The switch works but the volumes don't, and I want to keep it vol/vol/no tone. My old solder iron isn't melting the fancy new solder and need to get a new one. Pickguard came from the nice guy at https://super-sonic-pickguard.com and it's perfect. Here it is:
20220506_225917~2.jpg

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
Update: I love this thing. Bridge is bright and twangy and the neck is warm and uniquely Fender-sounding, but neither quite Strat or Telecaster. Middle tones are that parallel, 60's R&B rhythm sound, and having vol/vol/no tone control allows for a wide variety of sounds by attenuating the selected pickup with rhe other pickup's volume turned down. More reverse body Mustang than backwards Jaguar. Been waiting for a guitar like this for a long time--love, love, love it.