Super Six Reverb.

Ringo

Poster Extraordinaire
A Twin Reverb w 6 10" speakers, the Quad Reverb was a Twin with 4 12" speakers.
And Fender made a Super Bassman that was a Twin w no reverb or tremolo.

I had a Super Six that had been cut down into a 4-10 combo, I made the amp back into a 2-12 played it a while and sold it.

I think the seller is being optimistic to hope to get that much for the amp.

wrathfuldeity

Tele-Afflicted
Seen Albert Collins perhaps a dozen times...always a Quad (small bar with capacity for 125 souls) at least from recollection from 40 yrs ago...but definitely can testify that you knew it was Mr. Collins from at the very least...2 blocks away. Don't remember what Koko's band was using but it wasn't as loud as the Master of the Telecaster.

Last edited:

BobbyZ

Doctor of Teleocity
Speakers aren't CTS alnicos, they look like square ceramic speakers to me. Might still sound good but CTS alnicos would almost make it worth the price.
Missed one 4 or so years back with the CTS alnicos for $500 or $600.
At the end of the day it's a silverface Twin Reverb with 6-10s. I happen to love Twin Reverbs but not everyone does.

Ringo

Poster Extraordinaire
Speakers aren't CTS alnicos, they look like square ceramic speakers to me. Might still sound good but CTS alnicos would almost make it worth the price.
Missed one 4 or so years back with the CTS alnicos for $500 or $600.
At the end of the day it's a silverface Twin Reverb with 6-10s. I happen to love Twin Reverbs but not everyone does.

Hey Bobby Z
I agree that those aren't CTS alnico speakers but they do look like alnico speakers, the type with the small alnico magnet inside of the bent metal frame. The square magnet speakers that I've seen were older Emineince.
wngpo8zodcp1i7kmflea.jpg
tk3hspwzotxqm0ibywph.jpg

At any rate those are low wattage speakers and even with 6 of them that is pushing the limit with a 100 watt tube amp.

BobbyZ

Doctor of Teleocity
Hey Bobby Z
I agree that those aren't CTS alnico speakers but they do look like alnico speakers, the type with the small alnico magnet inside of the bent metal frame. The square magnet speakers that I've seen were older Emineince. View attachment 921884 View attachment 921885

At any rate those are low wattage speakers and even with 6 of them that is pushing the limit with a 100 watt tube amp.

Yeah I can't tell if it's shadows I'm seeing on a horse shoe or black ceramic sticking out in the picture. Some definitely look like horse shoe magnets though.
At any rate I'm pretty sure those aren't original to the amp! Fender speakers always seem be black and have a Fender sticker on them.
My guess is they came out of some old cheap speaker cab, like a Peavy PA column or something cheap bloke that. Maybe the originals blew or they were CTS alnicos that got sold off or whatever along the way.
Haven't played a Super Six in years but when I did I liked it!
Give me an amp with WAY more wattage and volume capacity than I'll ever need, that's extremely heavy and I'll love it everytime.
Hell I held my breath, went into a burning house to save two Twin Reverbs! Any smart person would've just grabbed the two Ampeg Reverberockets and stopped. :)

Boris Von Teufel

TDPRI Member
I had a Super Six in the late 80s early 90s. Luckily, it had been cut down to a 2x10" combo with a 4x10" bottom. I had a Tech21 Tri-OD & ran the British & California sims for dirt. I never had to worry about keeping up with a loud rhythm section, that's for sure. I ended up selling off the 6 CTS alnico 10s and the chassis for more than I paid for the 2 piece amp. It did look great onstage and it was the perfect height to set a beer on. Or many beers. That reason alone makes it better than a Deluxe Reverb.