Super Six Reverb.

Crobbins

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
This came up on the local CL today.

https://ventura.craigslist.org/msg/d/ventura-1975-fender-super-six-reverb/7410020000.html

00808_8G9i0fRf9rUz_0aT0jm_600x450.jpg

01515_knTCOj7gFyjz_0aT0jm_600x450.jpg

00V0V_6MELRueouOZz_0aT0jm_600x450.jpg

arlum

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
I love the sound of six 10" speakers in a tall cab. I used to lust over the Acoustic Control Corp 6 X 10" extension cab for their 200 and 300 series heads in the early '70s.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
The Waylon amp.

Early Journey, too.
I saw Journey at the Armadillo World Headquarters, pre-Steve Perry.
Greg Rolie was playing keys and singing lead, and the songs were all solo-fests for Schon.
Neil Schon had a wall of 6 Super Six Reverb’s.
The had special grill cloths that formed a picture or pattern.
Ol’ Neil was certainly loud n’ proud!

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Was this the Albert Collins amp, or did he use a Quad Reverb?

Albert Collins used the Quad Reverb.

I'm pretty sure I went to an Allman Brothers show, where Derek Trucks has a Quad Reverb or Super Six, along with the usual Super Reverbs- but not really sure what he was really playing through

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
Was this the Albert Collins amp, or did he use a Quad Reverb?
Yup, saw him at the Long Beach blues festival so long ago. He actually snuck us into the VIP area my brother and I. He was a total sweetheart of a guy!!!
Raymond had brought his Melody maker that we had done the whole Pat Travers thing to, we used dual Bill Lawrence HB’s, And Schaller’s or Grovers, and instead of a marker, Ray opted for his pocket knife and had signatures carved in it from Albert Collins, Pretty sure KoKo Taylor was another great person… we got a ton of signatures on that and I particularly remember when he handed them his buck knife, every person was mindful to make a nice clean inscription/signature. Albert Collins would wander out into the crowd with the longest cord you ever seen with a helper (A-cord Caddy ha) minding the cable. Is anyone familiar with the output transformer and the R of the speakers?

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
Yup, saw him at the Long Beach blues festival so long ago. He actually snuck us into the VIP area my brother and I. He was a total sweetheart of a guy!!!
Raymond had brought his Melody maker that we had done the whole Pat Travers thing to, we used dual Bill Lawrence HB’s, And Schaller’s or Grovers, and instead of a marker, Ray opted for his pocket knife and had signatures carved in it from Albert Collins, Pretty sure KoKo Taylor was another great person… we got a ton of signatures on that and I particularly remember when he handed them his buck knife, every person was mindful to make a nice clean inscription/signature. Albert Collins would wander out into the crowd with the longest cord you ever seen with a helper (A-cord Caddy ha) minding the cable. Is anyone familiar with the output transformer and the R of the speakers?
I got to meet Koko one time and shake her hand; pretty cool moment. Saw her play at a private function--very up close and intimate setting.