Super cool gig coming up. I’m starting to get really excited. Long post.

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I wish I could be there for that. I left CLE in 1969, and, while I still visit family, I've been out of touch with the scene there. I have met Clint, though - he and Bonnie are good friends of my sis and bro-in-law. I got to hang at his awesome studio in Bristol VA when it was just getting started. Have a blast!
Nice! I haven’t been down to visit The Earnest Tube yet. I really need to make the trip.

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
August 5th will be one of the coolest dates I’ve ever done.

On August 5th, at the Beachland Ballroom, the band will play to celebrate as Little Guns gets re-released. For the first time since 1990. On vinyl. Re-mixed and re-mastered by Grammy nominated producer and Pere Ubu alum Tony Maimone. With two previously lost and never released tracks.
Coolest thing ever--no wonder you're stoked!

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I want the CD so I can rip it onto my MP3 player and crank it up on roadtrips! Yee ha!

August 05 is my 64th birthday - wish I could be there!

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
That is really awesome. There are definitely some bands from my past I would give a leg to gig with.

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I want the CD so I can rip it onto my MP3 player and crank it up on roadtrips! Yee ha!

August 05 is my 64th birthday - wish I could be there!
Oddly enough there are, and will be no CD’s. The original printing in 1990 was cassette. This new remixed and expanded version is vinyl only.

Vinyl sells. CD’s do not. I was bartending the other night and we got to talking about it and took an informal poll. Out of more than 40 people, only one even has a CD player. It doesn’t work, and it’s in a car from 2007.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Oddly enough there are, and will be no CD’s. The original printing in 1990 was cassette. This new remixed and expanded version is vinyl only.

Vinyl sells. CD’s do not. I was bartending the other night and we got to talking about it and took an informal poll. Out of more than 40 people, only one even has a CD player. It doesn’t work, and it’s in a car from 2007.
Yeah, you're right. All the hipsters want vinyl. We spent YEARS perfecting CDs which have zero maintenance (long as you don't leave 'em on the dash in the truck in triple digit weather), but NO. They gotta have old-timey vinyl. Guess that makes the melon crates full of LPs in plastic protective sleeves I have in the shed worth something after all. :cool:

Lawdawg

Friend of Leo's
Great story Jakedog! Have a great gig!

I'd never heard of California Speedbag but love everything I heard on those clips. They remind me a lot of the late 80s - early 90s Country punk scene in Illinois where I was living at the time. Uncle Tupelo is obviously the best known, but there were plenty of other groups right in that same wheelhouse including Steve Pride and his Blood Kin. Here's a clip -- note that their lead guitarist was Jay Bennett who would go on to join Wilco a few years later.

Andy B

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Wow. Great story. Need a CD soot can accompany us in the Lincoln. I still have my old Technics turntable but it only gets used if we don’t have a CD.

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Wow. Great story. Need a CD soot can accompany us in the Lincoln. I still have my old Technics turntable but it only gets used if we don’t have a CD.
There won’t be CDs. It’s a vinyl only release. I’ll try and let folks know when the online store is up and running. If it doesn’t break the rules here.

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I hope the gig was everything you imagined it to be and more JD.
It was really pretty amazing. Packed house. Wall to wall. Loads of old friends having a blast and singing along. Way too much fun. Sold a pile of records. Got paid handsomely. I can’t call it anything other than a complete success.

Then we did it again yesterday. First time this band ever did two gigs in less than 24 hours. We played a car show/fundraiser yesterday afternoon. It was hot and sweaty, but the sound was killer and the audience was incredible.

I know a few people were shooting quality pictures at the Beachland show on Friday. I’ll post some when I get them.

W.L.Weller

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Looks like the LP is available from General Prosperity Co.? Is there another place to order from that the band has a better deal with? Not trying to sidestep the rules here, just looking to allocate my music $ most effectively.

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Looks like the LP is available from General Prosperity Co.? Is there another place to order from that the band has a better deal with? Not trying to sidestep the rules here, just looking to allocate my music $ most effectively.
General Prosperity works directly with us and is a great source.

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Some pics! Courtesy of my buddy Jason at No Surf Music.

F51F83DE-471F-4B57-8021-E8F10CD867F5.jpeg

EC0CCD80-33BA-4A25-9988-B1835311BA5A.jpeg

593223FC-E766-4959-8619-817208B4B64F.jpeg

A1C5C6CC-3A70-4A5D-875C-AA0169AAD146.jpeg

720CAD7D-993A-4242-8BBC-88E4D1056ABC.jpeg