1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Super Bowl - KC vs TB

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by String Tree, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Chester P Squier

Chester P Squier Tele-Meister

I was pulling for Kansas City, but I don't feel so bad about Brady's team winning, after having seen that pre-game show about the parents of some of the players. Mr. Thomas Brady Sr. and his wife appear to be a nice and sweet old couple. And they had brief family videos of their son, little Tommy.

2. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Friend of Leo's

Well, the broadcasters did not really touch on this much (probably following orders), but one of the assistant coaches (linebacker coach) was not at the game due to involvement in an alcohol related driving incident a few days earlier that resulted in several people in the hospital. Some, including a small child, are still in the hospital I think.

trev333 likes this.
  3. GeneB

GeneB Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I grew up in NYC back in the 50's/early 60's and watched the NY Yankees buy a World Series with great regularity. The Championships felt a bit, I don't know, tainted? when they won. Having been moved by my firm from NYC to Tampa years ago I have the same feeling about this win. The championship was bought by highest bidder. And it is being reported that Andy Reid was worried about his son's car accident and wasn't into the game at all.

getbent likes this.
  4. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

I guess I was right to be a “bit concerned” about what the TB defense might do to KC, but I sure didn’t see that coming! Not at all the game I hoped for no matter who won.

getbent likes this.
  5. koen

koen Friend of Leo's

Boy, those rings are ugly :eek:

6. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

Perspective is so powerful! I completely understand and respect your point of view. My point of view is different. I want my team's owners to invest in the team. In SF, we LOVED Eddie DiBartolo as an owner because he blew the budget and bought us players like Deion Sanders, Ken Norton jr etc to push his teams over the top to a super bowl. In Baseball, we loved how ownership picked up key players down the stretch to lead the to 3 championships in the 2010's... They drafted great players and were just a few away (totally true of the Bucs) and ownership put the money up to make it happen.

BECAUSE the Bucs drafted Evans, Godwin, Brate (OJ Howard) etc and had an already great defense (but were willing to pick up Suh even though Vea was coming hard) they got Brady. Brady wanted to play with a team with a chance. When the 49ers were skittish about the idea, he went to Florida. As a niner fan, I would have loved to have had him. Even in this season, with so many injuries for the niners, they would have been in the hunt with Brady. Instead, the year SUCKED.

It is true the Yankees spend on players and always have, but they also drafted a core: Mantle, Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Judge, etc etc and add in the pieces they need. I get that could be seen as buying it, but to me, I want my owner to be active in providing championships and a shot at it. When the Giants got Uribe and Renteria, Scutaro, Freddie Sanchez, etc I loved it. Great, smart moves, and when I bought my tickets, I felt like some of the money was going on the field.

trev333 and GeneB like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.