1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Super Bowl - KC vs TB

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by String Tree, Jan 25, 2021.

1. GeneB

GeneB Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

When our 25 y/o quarterback was shown the door and replaced by a 43 y/o I said anything less than a Superbowl win will be a failure. Mayor Castor is allowing 7,500 fans to attend. Many of the fans were given free tickets ... they are our local first responders, health care workers etc. And you couldn't buy booze here on Sundays before 11 am. Although the official word is the Super Bowl being here has nothing to do with it that blue law was rescinded. So beer for breakfast is a go.

Dano-caster, Stubee and teletimetx like this.
  2. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

beer. nachos. sausage and boudin cooked on a grill. queso and pork tamales. Oh, wait, got it - quail stuffed with jalapeno boudin, cooked on the grill. Yeah, that's the ticket

Last night, Buffalo's center was playing against his old team. Buffalo has a long underdog history.

Hard to get to worked up over KC v. TB. Just hope it's a good game.

fendrguitplayr and Toto'sDad like this.
  3. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

I don't think Brady will be enough to offset all the weapons that the Chiefs have but the football is shaped oddly and can bounce is mysterious ways.
    If the Honey Badger lead KC defense does their job, I don't see the Bucs can match KC.
    The Honey Badger takes what he wants and he doesn't give a ....

4. lammie200

lammie200 Friend of Leo's

I would say Chiefs. Mahomes rarely has a day when he can't get it together. Brady has those days sometimes.

5. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Friend of Leo's

Not to derail, but second half of the year was a different story than the first half. The coaches quit using prevent defense schemes half way through the year. Coincidentally defense changed at the same time the coach decided to emasculate the offense. Not a Pete Carrol fan anymore.......

schmee likes this.
  6. Henley

Henley Tele-Holic

Really glad to see all these Chief's fans here.

c964f1a02d43f38ad5303d818beb487a.jpg
    Tompa Bay all the WAY.

7 rings baby.

7. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

I agree, I think Pete has run his course. Good coach for sure, but... Pete wants to be a running team, but if you look at the history, they most often don't have a running team 0 line. So other than Sean Alexander 2005 and Marshawn Lynch (who didn't need the line, just did it with his own effort) Seattle ends up with a steady stream of injured running backs every year. I mean.... even Carson is injured more than he's available. And Russel Wilson gets killed all the time without an 0 line also.

8. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Friend of Leo's

I quit watching Super bowl games that the Patriots were in years ago, and I will have a very hard time watching this one because of Tom Brady and Gronk. Anybody else think the whole Brady/Gronk move to Tampa was scripted? Interesting that the SB is in TB this year too. The string pullers have already given the refs their marching orders to ensure a Brady superbowl ring. We've already seen the refs turn at least one playoff game around for Tampa, can't wait to see what they do in the Super Bowl. I'm gonna pass on the SB.

IMadeYouReadThis likes this.
  9. Coloradotwanger

Coloradotwanger Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

This will be the first Super Bowl that i can remember that i will not watch.I did miss some years back being deployed in the Military.Going to the zoo.No crowds on that day.
    Tampa Bay bought a Super Bowl anyways.Just like my team the Broncos(before i quit watching the NFL) did with Manning.

10. gridlock

gridlock Poster Extraordinaire

I’m going Bucs, Go Bucs!

Teleguy61 and GeneB like this.
  11. Cantbreak100guy

Cantbreak100guy Tele-Holic

I'd like to see Tampa win. Antoine Winfield Jr and Tyler Johnson played up here at Minnesota. I'm still irritated the Vikings didn't draft Winfield.
    I think the Chiefs will win, though. Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, and the defense looks good right now. Not sure they can be stopped.

12. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

I favor KC but am a bit concerned about the TB defense. I’m from Detroit Lions country and therefore am forced to like a host of other teams and players that are actually good. I could go for either team. I bet with one guy all season and think he’ll want TB, so go Chiefs!

ping-ping-clicka and Toto'sDad like this.
  13. groovezilla79

groovezilla79 Tele-Meister

Life long Chiefs fan, so I'm obviously pulling for them. But if they lose to the fighting Tom Brady's I'm ok with that.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  14. Squawker

Squawker Tele-Holic

Not sure I'm gonna stay up through the night to watch KC vs. TB.
    But I probably will.

15. Old Plank

Old Plank Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

KC's offense can be overwhelming, but TB's been playing some inspired D lately ... TB will have AB back who was becoming a more significant piece in later season ... and TB's got literal home field but was arguably stronger on the road this year. I'd like to say I think Brady's gonna pull one more out of his hat, but as someone said previously, Mahomes is more consistently excellent than ol' TBrady these days. I won't however be surprised if TB pulls it out; I'm going with TBrady's veteran experience for the win.

Stubee likes this.
  16. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I just hope it's a close game. The blowout games get old fast.

GeneB likes this.
  17. Middleman

Middleman Friend of Leo's

Mahomes eats 100% of his green beans. That gives him the edge.

Stubee, CapnCrunch and Toto'sDad like this.
  18. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

Being an Eagles fan, I am very familiar with Andy Reid. That being said, I will root for KC.

I like Mahomes too. He’s a fine young athlete.

Stubee likes this.
  19. Mr. St. Paul

Mr. St. Paul Tele-Meister

Are you really suggesting GB should dump LaFleur after going 28-8 over his first two seasons?

You can question the call to go for a field goal on 4th down at the 8-yard line, but they had all 3 timeouts and the 2-minute warning. So they went for the sure points and counted on their defense to stop Brady. It didn't work, but it's not the bonehead call some are making it out to be.

And Rodgers has to take some blame. He could have easily run it in for a TD instead of forcing an incomplete pass to Adams in double coverage on third down.

Stubee and Sconnie like this.
  20. IMadeYouReadThis

IMadeYouReadThis Tele-Meister

As a Broncos fan, I don't like the Chiefs. As a Broncos fan, I REALLY don't like Tom Brady.

I think I'm voting Chiefs. I was really hoping the Browns would go all the way. I usually don't watch the Browns, but they had an underdog appeal this year.

Toto'sDad likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.