Super Bowl food idea's ..

puddin

Tele-Afflicted
My 80 year old mother insisted that I make sauerkraut, stuffed cabbage a couple of weeks ago. Under her direct supervision, of course. I do all of the hoop jumping, and it's finally ready to serve. She says, "I only want the meat ball inside of the cabbage. I don't like cabbage, or sauerkraut. I just like the flavors they get into the meat."
🤔 So, let me get this straight, you don't like 2 of the three main ingredients in this dish? So, over the next couple of days she ate the meat part of three of them. Shes says, you can eat the rest. It's an entire crock pot of all of the goop. I can't eat all of that! Ended up doing the best I could and we threw a lot of it out.

On the the SB grub:
Think I am going to go Mexican. Get some chicken and cheese flour taquitos. Spicy pico de gallo. Ann chopped mango to it. Spanish rice and refried beans of the side. And if I can find some, jalepeno jelly. Someone is hoarding is around here. Went to three different stores yesterday, and all three have shelf tags, indicating the carry it, but all of it was gone. Everything surrounding that particular item was fully stocked! Today I'll try some Hispanic grocery stores and see if the plot thickens. The dish really misses without that jelly, dangit!
:lol: Your a good son. Making stuffed cabbage is a lot of work. I cheat. I just make the meatballs, and rough chop cabbage, and layer on top. Also, if you have juicer, you could juice the cabbage, and pour over meatballs. cheers..

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
There is Olympics coverage on the USA network. It’s easy to play guitar watching men’s curling. Curling is the cold weather equivalent of baseball or golf. Most of the time there’s nothing happening. :lol:

Also, there were a few who took offense to what was a tongue-in-cheek post. Is there a tongue-in-cheek emoji? I can’t find one.

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Ok looks like a sunny day be happening in my neck of the woods, so the grill will be fired up, bratwurst, boudin, Anaheims, smoked sausage, onions, zucchini, eggplant, hot dogs, shrimp, apples and taters.

And beer. Did I mention sausage? And chips and dips.

Lonn

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
My wife doesn't eat after 4 and it's no fun eating junk food alone so problem not much for the big game.

mr natural

Friend of Leo's
Royal subs. It’s a Buffalo thing that never caught on outside the region like wings did.

tubedude

Tele-Afflicted
In all seriousness, this is correct. LA Rams don't really have a fan base and Cincinnati fans represent something like 11% of the total tickets to the game. I'm definitely looking forward more to the smallish party I'm throwing and doing the Skyline Chili.
Keep an eye on them. If you don't watch 'em they'll throw pasta and cinnamon in your chili!

johnny k

Doctor of Teleocity
1 400 000 000 chicken wings were eaten on that game. From my local newspaper.

Last edited:

Dan R

Poster Extraordinaire
Taquitos for a snack. Seasoned beef or chorizo with griddled onions and cheese. Maybe some nachos for good measure.
For dinner, marinated chicken breasts wrapped in bacon with rice and beans, French baguette.