Super Bowl food idea's ..

Deeve

Doctor of Teleocity
1644622753777.png

papa32203

Tele-Afflicted
Based on the food I am seeing here: I am not going to any one of your Super Bowl parties!
I'll just stay home and have PB&J, mac 'n cheese and some cheap beer, thank you anyway.....!

middy

Friend of Leo's
I’m making apostrophe dip. It’s when you take apostrophes and stick them in front of every “s” for no reason.

Unionjack515

Tele-Afflicted
I picked up a lunch for my daughter today from Raising Cane’s and they were advertising a half sheet pan full of their chicken fingers. That looked pretty amazing.

Tele1966

Friend of Leo's
Just don't be one of those grape jelly and bbq sauce guys.....
Hey, I resemble that remark! :)

Cutting back this year.

1) Hot wings. Deep fried, Franks and butter.
2) Taco dip. Layered top to bottom; shredded cheese, El Pato sauce, chopped lettuce, chopped onion, salsa, sour cream, taco seasoned ground beef, refried beans.
3) Jalapeno poppers deep fried.
4) Lit'l Smokies in Sweet Baby Rays with cherry preserve jam.
5) Clam dip and Tortilla chips for dips.
6) Pork rinds
7) Beer
8) Clamato juice for Beer + Clamato!

MIA this year, from the past 10 years; bacon explosion, barbecued hot brats, fresh jalapeno poppers with bacon, guacamole fresh avocados, Lit'l smokies in biscuit dough.

Go Rams!!! Lifelong Rams fan from the '50s.

Last edited:

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I have no intention of watching the Super Bowl. I have no intention of watching the commercials or half time show either. I’ll probably pull something from the refrigerator and make a cappuccino before I plug in my Strat.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I have no intention of watching the Super Bowl. I have no intention of watching the commercials or half time show either. I’ll probably pull something from the refrigerator and make a cappuccino before I plug in my Strat.
A hundred million people or more will be watching the Super Bowl, breathless to find out which is the greater team The Los Angeles Rambos, or the Bengalli Gang from Cincinatti. There you'll be engaging in the self-inflicted exercise of ostracizing yourself from the world for one more tired old whang on the whammy. Enjoy yourself Mr. Beck! :)

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
A hundred million people or more will be watching the Super Bowl, breathless to find out which is the greater team The Los Angeles Rambos, or the Bengalli Gang from Cincinatti. There you'll be engaging in the self-inflicted exercise of ostracizing yourself from the world for one more tired old whang on the whammy. Enjoy yourself Mr. Beck! :)
There is Olympics coverage on the USA network. It’s easy to play guitar watching men’s curling. Curling is the cold weather equivalent of baseball or golf. Most of the time there’s nothing happening. :lol:

Also, there were a few who took offense to what was a tongue-in-cheek post. Is there a tongue-in-cheek emoji? I can’t find one.

Refugee

Tele-Afflicted
Me too. My grandpa made the best stuffed cabbage and it took him all day. If I could find the recipe I might try it one day...

My 80 year old mother insisted that I make sauerkraut, stuffed cabbage a couple of weeks ago. Under her direct supervision, of course. I do all of the hoop jumping, and it's finally ready to serve. She says, "I only want the meat ball inside of the cabbage. I don't like cabbage, or sauerkraut. I just like the flavors they get into the meat."
🤔 So, let me get this straight, you don't like 2 of the three main ingredients in this dish? So, over the next couple of days she ate the meat part of three of them. Shes says, you can eat the rest. It's an entire crock pot of all of the goop. I can't eat all of that! Ended up doing the best I could and we threw a lot of it out.

On the the SB grub:
Think I am going to go Mexican. Get some chicken and cheese flour taquitos. Spicy pico de gallo. Ann chopped mango to it. Spanish rice and refried beans of the side. And if I can find some, jalepeno jelly. Someone is hoarding is around here. Went to three different stores yesterday, and all three have shelf tags, indicating the carry it, but all of it was gone. Everything surrounding that particular item was fully stocked! Today I'll try some Hispanic grocery stores and see if the plot thickens. The dish really misses without that jelly, dangit!