1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Super Bowl? Ehhh.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by FenderGuy53, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

As a big NFL and Football guy I felt this year was such a weird year for the NFL and the front office and the NFL office in NY needs to pay attention.

First, someone needs to give Kapernick a shot... I am not a supporter or a detractor for the dude but he WAS IN A SUPERBOWL just a few years ago and now can't even get a sniff in the NFL when they are marching dudes out for the Redskins and Dolphins who have flamed out years before? I think his best days are behind him, but hey someone needs to take a flier for the league, give the guy a shot to fail and so the league and society can move on.

Secondly, the NFL needs to look at its hiring practices... I mean the Cards dumping their head coach after ONE SEASON? Come on, if they dumped the head coach they needed to dump the GM and the owner as well. Even Daniel Snyder doesn't throw his coaches out that fast!

Thirdly, the NFL keeps talking about Parity... Parity... Parity... it is what makes the league so great! I think I heard that the Pats have been in 9 SBs over the last 17 years? Over HALF THE TIME the Pats are in the SB? That is not parity, that is a dynasty and the rest of the owners and the players and the GMs and the coaches need to take notice. For all the grief that TB12 gets, he has to be the best QB to ever diagnose a defense and make the three throws he needs to make to win a game. He was horrible the first half, missed so many receivers, and then in the third he turns it around, makes three great throws and they win the game. And Belicheck, whether he is a cheater (remember in Nascar, if you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin) or not, you have to respect a guy who just continues to win. He wins with star receivers like Randy Moss and with small D1 EX QBs and guys who are too small to play this game (edelman, amendola, and the OG Wes Welker). He wins with a no name defense and with defensive start who have gone on to be color commentators, broadcasters and NFL coaches. The dude could coach the un-coachable into being a productive member of his team. It is unreal.

And I say all of this as a Broncos fan...

As far as the SB, snooze... the halftime show...... snooze to the 12th degree..... about the only thing that was entertaining was Gladys killing the National Anthem!!

2. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

"An ugly win is better than a pretty loss" - Julian Edelman

Jerry J, stevemc and Bob M like this.
  3. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

i have awakened with an ugly win before... and... after some consideration... I think Julian Edelman is right.

stevemc likes this.
  4. koen

koen Friend of Leo's

Best part of the Super Bowl: no more football until the end of the summer :cool:

haggardfan1 and 3fngrs like this.
  5. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Gladys Knight was everything Adam Levin wasn't.

Bassman8, Jerry J and tomkatf like this.
  6. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 2.48.03 PM.png

Nubs, esetter, Blue Bill and 3 others like this.
  7. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

Game sucked. F**k the Pats ( again, snore..
    ) SAINTS should have been there instead of clueless ( at least @ SB) Rams

Commercials ( except for one I can't mention here) sucked

Halftime music sucked ( WTF has happened anymore? all spectacle with huge light shows andl 1000 fake fan kids, screaming around talent____)

All my fave bands are gone/ dead-
    He'd never do it, but old Neil Young/ Crazy Horse would rock!
    ( I'm old)

8. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

well, haters, you'll always have this moment for yourselves:
    [​IMG]
    ....and you can pretend like this was the end of a dynasty

Manual Slim likes this.
  9. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

I was watching Boondocks Saints with my girlfriend. I was so worried I missed something like the other fifty-whatever Super Bowls that I forgot to watch.

10. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

So said fans of sports that are no longer popular enough, that we can even discuss them here.

A small number of "peak baggers" can talk about how many rings for so and so, but if the show stinks, the size of the pie contracts and when the lead up and the show stink real bad, the contraction is really fast.

It wasn't that long ago that pro Boxing was super, super big. Now, not so much. And NASCAR, which seemed to have so much promise, can't find sponsors worth a darn and they've had to cut everyone's max budgets to try to retain any semblance of parity. Jeff Gordon was inducted the other day and nary a word typed here about it.

The British Empire was invincible, until one day and it wasn't anymore.

11. micpoc

micpoc Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Photo from my neighborhood yesterday...

IMG_6482.jpg

12. john_t

john_t Tele-Meister

But the entire world speaks English :)

13. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

Well, what happened was the Pat's pass coverage was amazing and Goff has to pass to win. (especially with Gurley a non event for weeks now and Rams not admitting it) Along with that young Sean Macvay seems to not be able to make changes on the fly. Even with a long halftime to do it. If the Rams receivers had simply started to stop and turn (buttonhook) with their receivers, passes would have readily been completed. Instead they just ran down the field with a Pat right alongside them grabbing their arm. It's the worst coaching I've seen in the 'Bowl in a long time.

Bassman8, Cantbreak100guy and esetter like this.
  14. TELE_BLUES

TELE_BLUES Tele-Afflicted

The G.O.A.T. stood on the sidelines sunday.

Bob M likes this.
  15. Bob M

Bob M Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I understand you are bitter about the call. Football did make a comeback overall ratings-wise over last year-during the regular season anyway. There are lots of reasons the Super Bowl loses ratings-comes on too late; too long, etc. But it is a far cry from NASCAR or boxing. The salary cap makes it compelling. I don't see a lot of evidence of decline. Pre-season game ratings beat the Sox games in September. The one thing that may eventually do it in is the safety aspect. Already in some New England high schools kids are opting for other sports.

16. TELE_BLUES

TELE_BLUES Tele-Afflicted

Next year 12 min. half time like the reg. season The entertainment is a dog catching a frisee

Bassman8 and schmee like this.
  17. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I can't comment on the player you mentioned other than to say, I think he's right where he ought to be, and I hope he stays there. Maybe give baseball a shot.

18. Jerry J

Jerry J Friend of Leo's

Hey, you're from Manassas Park! Are you a Skins fan? Compare/contrast Danny and Bruce's mis-manglement of the Skins for the last 20+ years to the Patriots organization. I'd take their success any day over Dumb and Dumber. But hey, Danny Boy just bought a $100M yacht with the only Imax approved theater in the world.... while his fan base and game attendance tank. Thank God for revenue sharing, that's all I can say....

19. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Yeah Pats! Edelman Rules. I feel really bad for all you who don't have a winning team, no really.

20. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

You don't get it.

The Saints success is not for my sake, it is for the NFL's sake and all the people in New Orleans who are "overweight" in NFL stock so to speak. Bostonians can watch their real decent baseball and NHL franchises, the Celtics, and I don't remember New England being a deprived place in the years before the Patriots were big (when I lived there). But other than LSU, New Orleans really never has had a substitute for the Saints and one whale of the lot of people use the Saints as their drug of choice, instead of alcohol and heroin and so on. People are trying to shift away from the Saints after the cluster involving the Vikings last year but the fishing is all screwed up down here - there's some duck hunting, otherwise people are basically screwed.

The call doesn't make me bitter. I already know well enough not to place any more than casual interest in this crumbling, corrupt activity. When people offered me tickets this year, I declined them. I've already excoriated the heck out of Roger Goodell in the past here, as far as I thought I could go without getting a vacation. My posts are a call to action to others, to fix this mess before it is too late. I'm kind of stunned that any NE fans are still thinking everything is fine. But it stands to reason, ya'll would be the last to notice.

Bob M likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.