Super Bowl 45 Packers vs Steelers

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by tazzboy, Jan 23, 2011.

Who is going to Win Super Bowl 45

Poll closed Feb 5, 2011.
  1. Packers

57 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. Steeler

44 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. Thekillertree

Thekillertree Tele-Meister

Its gonna be a close game, I had a dream 5 weeks ago that the packers beat the steelers due to an interception, hope it doesn't happen.

2. sixstringbastard

sixstringbastard Friend of Leo's

Sorry about the Browns. :twisted:

3. Thekillertree

You do know that your Jets quarterback was arrested for Sexual assault when he was 19 and had a 200 k bail set on him?

4. dugums

dugums Tele-Meister

My heart wants the Packers, but my head says the Steelers.

5. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Meh. Browns are the Browns. I do like 'em, but I'm a lifelong Packers fan. that said, there are no teams I dislike more in any sport than the Bears and the Steelers. If they were playing each other, I'd pray for a meteor to wipe out the stadium.

Ok, so they aren't the only ones. I'd pray for the same thing if the Yankees and Red Sox were playing each other for a world championship.

6. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Packers are the stronger team. Steelers can't win without playing dirty. Watch the penalties rack up...

7. Thekillertree

Hopefully fairly called penalties and not just ones because Harrison touched a quarterback.

And the Steelers might be more Irelands team seeing how Rooney is the ambassador. :lol:

8. jimbojo

jimbojo Tele-Meister

This +1

9. Maxwell Street

Maxwell Street Friend of Leo's

Steelers. Roethlisberger, hard to intimidate and he knows the drill.

10. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

Both games were effectively over at the half.

From there, it becomes resource management... both teams are pretty banged up and while they have 2 weeks to get ready, the smart money was on a more conservative offensive strategy and much more of a 'protect' mode on defense... which is what we saw.

The analysts aren't going to say too much about it because it appears conservative and lame and less interesting... and the average fan is just going to see less production and more punting and tactical defense (even on offense)

but, that is what we saw in both games imo.

11. chippertheripper

chippertheripper Friend of Leo's

Want packers, think steelers.

12. jimbojo

jimbojo Tele-Meister

Playing dirty? Wow sounds like an excuse before the game even happens. The Steelers are one of the highest quality organizations in pro sports. The Rooney family is as respected as any out there. They have consistantly released players that did not understand the TEAM mentality. But, hey hate away if it makes you feel better. As to the stronger team, seriously, the Steelers have the most dominate defense in the NFL and they have for years. Then look at their offense, sometimes they get it done ugly, but they get it done. There are so many untangibles that stats don't show, extending the play, passes after initial contact, or haw about making a third and six pass to close out a game when the analysts are saying just run the clock out and let the defense stop them.

Then if anyone questions their toughness, please. Ben just played a whole game with a broken foot and a broken nose against another of the premier defenses in the NFL and beat them. How many other teams have receivers who block downfield like the Steelers. The Steelers are exactly what football is suposed to be smashmouth.

As to officiating, the officials will call Harrison for looking at a player cross eyed, but when their tight end gets concussed with an illegal hit, no call. Their QB gets his nose broken, no call.

My prediction is the Steelers will win and it won't even be close, ok, it might be close, just because they like to cause me serious stress. hahhahahaa

13. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

being a metal worker myself,,, Steelers sound good...

Packers are unskilled supermarket workers aren't they?...

14. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

Packers are short for meat packers.... which can be a highly skilled job... it is definitely a very dangerous job and requires people who are hard workers, willing to work long hours in the cold and willing to take the punishment necessary to bring home a paycheck for the family....

So, I would say that being a steeler or packer are commensurate tasks.

our local football team is called the "Haybalers"... which could derisively be considered manual labor. But, historically, they are extremely successful via hard work, the team spirit and the eschewing of 'stars' for a more 'collectivist' approach!:D:D:D:D

15. tschommer

tschommer Tele-Afflicted

Packer fan, but I'm thinking the Steelers are a slightly better team and their big game experience will provide the needed edge. A win BTW will give them only 7 championships - pretty good though it will be more than half of the Packers 12 and almost as many as the Bears (9 I think). I agree with others here that Ben is a lowlife scum, if Roger Goodell had any seeds he would have given him a well deserved season long suspension.

16. jimbojo

jimbojo Tele-Meister

I think you are confusing pre-merger championships with NFL Super Bowl titles. We are talking modern era football here, no disrespect to the Packers history. The Packers are a great organization and I have alot of respect for them and the majority of their fans, they have stuck with them through the lean times, they embraced a QB who was replacing an Icon (who also turns out to be a scumbag by the way). Great franchise and it will be a great game.

17. tschommer

tschommer Tele-Afflicted

An NFL championship is an NFL championship, the Packers have 12 and the Steelers have 6. The NFL existed long before the merger and the pre merger championships are just as important as the ones that are called Superbowls. The Steelers are an old NFL team, if they had won a few pre merger titles you would probably agree with me.

I'm just going by the actual NFL numbers though, if you don't agree you could try contacting someone who runs their website of an official record keeper and suggest any corrections you would like them to make.

18. Thekillertree

Especially since three of the "titles" the packers won were simply for having the best standing for regular season play ( as there were no playoffs at the time) and three more in a 1 game play off champion. ( I believe.)

19. sixstringbastard

sixstringbastard Friend of Leo's

I'm a lifelong Steelers fan. Ben is not a nice guy, in fact he's a scumbag. However he wasn't convicted of a crime.

Meanwhile, many other players across the league get arrested and convicted and it seems to be OK. Ray Lewis gets to do Old Spice commercials and how many Cincinnati Bengals have rap sheets out the wazoo?

20. 3FingersWhiskey

3FingersWhiskey TDPRI Member

The Steelers will win. The game will be too big for the Packers and Rodgers. Rodgers will be lucky to make it out of this game in one piece. To the people that dog out Big Ben: Get a life the guy wasn't charged for a single crime...get the hell over it already!!!!!!!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.