Sunset after 1700 CST

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
It was light outside at 5 on Long Island too but we haven’t turned any corner I can see. Tomorrow will be frigid again. Snow is always a threat. It’s noticeably warmer by mid March. There are no flowers except for the crocuses on the first day of spring but that’s the end of when hell freezes over for me.

Last edited:

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
Sunset is 16:22 here today. My Dad’s birthday is 5 February: as my Mum always said, that was when you noticed the days were getting longer and the end of winter was in sight. Up in these latitudes that’s about when sunset is after 5pm - it’s a definite psychological tipping point.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
My wife was just saying how nice it was that it was 17:00 and still light outside.

Sunset was at 17:29 today (5:29 PM for you 'Muricans).

Reactions: BB

61fury

Friend of Leo's
Here in Knoxville, TN we gain a minute of light every day after the solstice.
Makes a huge difference when I try to play tennis after work. Right now sunset is in the 5:40's

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
It was light outside at 5 on Long Island too but we haven’t turned any corner I can see. Tomorrow will be frigid again. Snow is always a threat. It’s noticeably warmer by mid March. There are no flowers except for the crocuses on the first day of spring but that’s the end of when hell freezes over for me.
Now I understand why you didn't move when you retired, you love the weather where you live! :)