1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Sunday last.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I won't reveal the name or exact relationship of the person I'm writing about, but someone that was close to us. Last week, I got the news from someone close to me that his brother had passed. I was in a state of shock, and had to have him repeat what he'd just said. Of course I asked what happened? He said that he had passed from a prescription drug overdose. Oh man, this is just too much.

The young man who passed was only thirty nine years old. He was from a larger than life well to do family that for the most part avoided tragedy for a very long time. Then a year ago, they lost one of their young on a trip to a foreign land. It became so complicated having the young man brought home the state department had to become involved. We attended the funeral, a heavily attended, and tragic event.

During the funeral yesterday, as is the custom nowadays they showed a pictorial collage across his life, a lot of which I had seen over the years. He was a huge proponent of healthy living, was built literally like a Greek God. Vin Diesel at his finest did not have the physique of this young man. Handsome, witty, caring, and giving. I had no idea he would have EVER used drugs of any kind. We will never know what happened.

The odd thing about this Sunday was how many directions it went in. My daughter and her husband, who I didn't think would attend the funeral because of their recent loss, were there. The cemetery where the funeral was held, is where my mother and one of my dearest friends are laid to rest only fifty paces separate their resting place. So the four of us visited their gravesites.

We were not far from my young son's home so we stopped off there. He and his mom decided to trim his quite large gallery of roses. He rounded her up some old clothes, she changed into them, then they trimmed the roses. I sensibly stayed out of the way, and watched the golf tournament on tv. After the work was completed my son insisted on feeding us. We had a wonderful meal of Salmon and all the trimmings.

When we got home it was after dark, but we did our duty and took Alex for his evening constitutional. It was a long day, that went in many directions.

2. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

That is for sure a multifaceted day! I’m sorry for the loss of your friend.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  3. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

wow - yeah - life takes some turns we don't expect.
    And it's hard to tell what's going on in other people's homes.
    See, generally, Richard Corey

Toto'sDad likes this.
  4. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

Those are tough days to process.
    It’s also tough to process that the rest of the world keeps on running right along at the same pace and you are expected to be right back at it.
    Take some time for yourself and find some peace.
    No guilt in that.

elihu and Toto'sDad like this.
  5. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

its never easy , and no amount of preparation can put you in the place of acceptance, sorry for your loss I hope he journeys well

Toto'sDad likes this.
  6. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I wish I could post his pic. He was so handsome! Tall, broad shouldered, with an amazing pie plate stomach, guns like the aforementioned Vin Diesel, just an astonishingly good looking man. He used to round up his nieces and nephews and take them to the store and let them pick out something each of them wanted, and pick up the tab for it all, just a larger than life character. He will be sorely missed.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.