Sun Valley Super Shredder experiences? QC issues?

scelestus

Tele-Afflicted
Just took delivery of one of these and noticing some issues. Sweetwater has one or two with the same issues listed as "demo" models, but this one came from another authorized dealer "brand new."

- The EMG bridge pickup is lower output than the Sustainiac neck pickup. Is that normal in your experience? Whole thing is pretty noisy, too, certainlore than my Area Strat pickups.
- Missing paint at the neck bolts and pitted tuners, both pictured.

How much would this bother you? The store has a return period but no others in stock and I am SUPER picky about string spacing, so prefer not to just order and wait. They also ate the tax.

IMG_20220519_121357586_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220519_121437895_HDR.jpg

scelestus

Tele-Afflicted
Dealer said it came out of the box on Friday so I also emailed Schecter about it. Hard to believe that got missed during the setup, though I requested minimal work be done.
Tuner pitting would be a send back, for me. Missing paint in a hole on the back? Not an issue.

scelestus

Tele-Afflicted
Tuner pitting would be a send back, for me. Missing paint in a hole on the back? Not an issue.
Schecter has offered to replace the tuners. Would that fix it for you?

I'm inclined to take that, but if the pitting is due to some kind of exposure I worry about the electronics in the Sustainiac. They said they'll honor the warranty 100%.

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
T

I'm inclined to take that, but if the pitting is due to some kind of exposure I worry about the electronics in the Sustainiac. They said they'll honor the warranty 100%.
that would work for me.
These probably sat on a cargo ship at sea for months waiting to be unloaded........

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's

I’d probably roll with that. Rock on