Summer NAMM cancelled

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by warrent, Apr 7, 2020.

1. warrent

warrent Friend of Leo's

NAMM has announced the cancellation of this year's Summer NAMM show, due to be held in Nashville, Tennessee from 9-11th July. All exhibitors will receive a full refund.

In a joint email to NAMM members from Chris Martin (NAMM Chair) and President and CEO Joe Lamond, the Association says:

'After speaking with so many of you and closely following the latest news regarding the ongoing global COVID-19 pandemic, we have made the difficult decision to cancel Summer NAMM, scheduled for July 9–11 in Nashville. We sincerely recognize the importance of this annual mid-year gathering for our industry. However, the current circumstances make it impossible to hold the show or to undertake the many months of careful planning and preparation that are required to create a secure and organized event.
    '
    In spite of not being able to be together in Nashville, we will continue to connect our community to help everyone move forward. Our focus remains on guiding our members to the financial relief that so many badly need through the CARES Act. In addition, the NAMM team has been sourcing and sharing the most creative strategies that are working in music retail and online music learning, vital tools to survive these unprecedented economic times. The NAMM website is your trusted and reliable place to get the latest news; please utilize this resource as our virtual gathering spot for the time being.

'As difficult as these days are, we gain strength and inspiration from the generations of NAMM members who came before us, overcoming every obstacle in their way. And in that spirit, we can just imagine the heartfelt celebrations that will occur when we are all together again in Anaheim next January. In the meantime, please stay safe and connected to each other; with perseverance, vision and passion, we will succeed.'

2. guitarist232345

guitarist232345 Tele-Meister

Nooooo so whats happening with the juicy announcements?

3. DrPepper

DrPepper Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Early release of new products then...

tamer_of_banthas likes this.
  4. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Afflicted

All the vendors could just drop new product info on TDPRI and save the trip to Nashville. Provided they pay for a vendor account

;)

5. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I’ve been to three summer NAMM shows.
    Are they shows?
    Trade shows?
    Two for the brief times they were held in Austin, once in Nashville.
    I never went to the “big” one.
    I had the best time, though the exhibitors whined about the Austin venue.
    Thanks tor listening.

6. Allan Allan

Allan Allan Tele-Holic

Squire announced a supersonic reissue at winter NAMM and they never came.

7. Telepirate86

Telepirate86 Tele-Meister

So has anybody heard anything about what Fender would have released at NAMM? Or when/if we will see anything?

8. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

I have yet to see anything made by Squire in my entire lifetime

9. MarkieMark

MarkieMark Tele-Afflicted

I expect the Sweetwater gearfest, and Paul Reed Smith's BBQ will also be cancelled. (Yeah, haters will hate, but the PRS party is a blast. Been to several!)
    I dont know what to expect as far as the industry goes for the immediate future. Maybe its selfish to hope for some deep discounts. I do expect to see some small companies fail to survive.
    Have to "wait and see" though that is getting tiresome.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.