1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Summer ended, Autumn came, Winter is here.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Ironwolf, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Two and a half weeks ago, temperatures in the high 80's low 90's. Weather broke. It was pleasant, temps in the high 60s to mid 70s, leaves changing, some starting to drop. Freezing temps this morning. Snow flurries expected in Boise Saturday morning, highs for the weekend in the high 30s to mid 40s, Monday is supposed to match or break a 141 year old record at 19 degrees. Got to love our "4 Seasons".

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  2. Ivorytooth

Ivorytooth Tele-Meister

I just want all the leaves to fall at the same time. Mine are close to being down, but the neighbor's tree across the street and upwind of me is still green. Sigh...

My wife will be glad for the hard freeze. She is tired of me bringing in tomatoes by the sackload. :D

Ironwolf, it sounds like you want Frankie back. :p

telestratosonic and Toto'sDad like this.
  3. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

took this picture on Sunday. "Fall" doesn't arrive here until sometime between after Thanksgiving and mid-December; lasts for two weeks. Then it gets cool and clammy instead of hot and muggy.

IMG_2037.jpg

Big_Bend likes this.
  4. stepvan

stepvan Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Weather has been having a hard time deciding what season is here in N.E., three weeks ago was still in the high 80s, then when to freezing at night to low 40s and now its back in the 70's again. Have a feeling that this is going to be a bad winter

Greggorios likes this.
  5. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I've been calling the weather around here 'undecided.' Almost raining but not quite, kinda cold but not really, kinda hot but not really...

I know we have four seasons around here, but usually not all at the same time.

- D

Greggorios likes this.
  6. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

It’ll be winter around here one day.

No, seriously. It’ll last about a day.

7. Middleman

Middleman Friend of Leo's

Yeah, things broke here in SoCal after almost 5 months of 90+ temperatures. Hottest summer I can remember here. The worst part was the air was so bad from the various fires that you couldn't be outside for any length of time for months. Now it's in the low 70s again with nights dipping in the 50s. The air cleared up and I can ride my new ebike again which I did yesterday grabbing a leisurely lunch of fish tacos. Hate the diminishing daylight but looking forward to some cooler weather.

8. Allan Allan

Allan Allan Tele-Holic

Going to be 79 in Illinois today. I lost my garden to a frost a month ago. Everything was stunted with all those 90⁰ days all summer. Peppers didn't even start to flower until late August. Maybe even September.

9. LoveHz

LoveHz Tele-Holic

The weather can't make its mind up around here (South East England) -- chilly and very wet for several days then suddenly much milder and sunny. So it was out to the Deer Park Cafe today (about five miles down the road) with my nearest and dearest for tea and scones in the sunshine.

10. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

My wife and her tomatoes. I'm guessing that the seeds that went through me this year are growing tomatoes hydroponically out at the sewer farm as we speak. You people who raise tomatoes, can't you just plant enough for YOURSELVES? Why do you insist on giving someone pushing his belongings down the street in a shopping cart take at least six flats of tomatoes with him?:D:D:D:lol::lol::lol:

11. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I wish!
    Still hotter n’ Hades here.

telestratosonic and Greggorios like this.
  12. Nahtabot

Nahtabot Tele-Meister

Greetings from the Frozen Tundra! (Wi.)

13. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

Where I live, we have four seasons too, kinda humid, humid, humider, humidest, but they don't come in any particular order. They mostly meander from one to the next and back again. The dry season isn't really a season. It's just what happens when the heat comes on. Open a window for a little while and the moisture will return. Today its in the 60's and the house is so swollen it's hard to open doors. Definitely not a good day for truss rod adjustments.

14. don71

don71 Tele-Afflicted

September and last few weeks have been delightful, the best in recent memory. This past week, cool and rainy. Today we're experiencing a high of 85, sunny and high humidity. This of course is a welcome mat for frozen precipitation in a couple of days.

Summer has packed it's bags and its at the station. At least, that's how I see it.

15. bsman

bsman Friend of Leo's

A La Nina pattern has been established in the eastern Pacific, so here in the Bay Area we're expecting a drier and warmer winter than normal - perhaps entering yet another cycle of drought and fire...

16. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Lewis Black feels your pain, especially at 4:14.

17. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I am always willing to believe that folks in many areas of the world have fours seasons, though it is difficult to really get it here in the San Francisco bay area. L.L. Bean sent me a catalogue one year and it said the temperature low for the last winter was 49* brrrrrr.
    I've seen some cooler winters where there was ice on the puddles, lawns, car windshields. , but not often. Over the Oakland-Berkeley hills, in Contra Costa County it can get down in the twenties, but those hills, stop all of that unpleasant bending. We celebrate a
    Mediterranean Climate here. I hear about detroit and Chicago, Pittsburgh, Memphis, Kansas City and then put on a lite sweater, no hat, no gloves, no thermals. Yes, and someday California beach front properties, are going to be available at the foothills of the sierras, someday after
    the big one, that big quake that drops us into the Pacific, but as the folks in Pompeii said long ago:
    "yeah sure , but my tomatoes are doing so well this year." :rolleyes:

18. Cali Dude

Cali Dude Tele-Holic

I love it. Lol. It is so true. I would love some cold weather. We are still about 90* here in the California desert. We don't get 4 seasons much either.

19. Lawdawg

Lawdawg Tele-Afflicted

This is the time of year that I love living in Georgia the most. It's still mild and warm -- around 78 today -- but the summer humidity has finally left for the year. Our leaves are changing and dropping, and my backyard smells like fall. The northern half of Georgia is perfect for someone like me who still needs their four seasons (living in CA or Florida would drive me nuts) but doesn't want to deal with the miserable cold, rainy falls and bitter cold winters of the midwest.

20. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Exactly. Just got back from a long dog walk along the reservoir and you'd swear it was about to pour. Just a dull day. Now the sun's out with a nice blue sky and the pooch wants to go back outside.:confused:

StrangerNY likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.