1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Suggestions for an F-Spaced Humbucker for Neck Position

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by PJ55, Sep 5, 2011.

1. PJ55

PJ55 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I'm looking for suggestions for a Tele-compatible neck humbucker, that has some clarity and is suitable for rock & fusion. Any recommendations will be helpful. I've been reading a lot of sales material from the pickup makers, but actual mileage is always more reliable. Thanks!

2. caliban335

caliban335 Tele-Afflicted

3. Zhangliqun

Zhangliqun Tele-Meister

You don't need an F-spaced humbucker for the neck position of any guitar, F-spaced or not.

4. PJ55

PJ55 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Zhang....I'm a little confused on this point. So, F-Spaced humbuckers are the so-called "trembucker" spaced pickups? So, and neck humbucker will work in a Tele neck slot? Appreciate the help on this question. I have only humbuckers in Les Pauls and only one in a Tele. When I meadure the pole spacing, it's different by what looks like 1/16" than my Les Pauls. So, I presumed this was F-Spacing. But, it sounds like that's no the case.

5. Zhangliqun

Zhangliqun Tele-Meister

The spacing on all neck pickups, even on F-spaced guitars, is plenty tight enough at the neck that you don't need a 52-53mm spaced neck pickup because the strings get closer together the farther you get from the bridge. 49-50mm is just about right. You do not need an F-spaced neck pickup. On F-spaced guitars you need an F-spaced pickup only at the bridge.

Ianozzi likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.