1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Success and Failure, My first Little Gem works! But battery is HOT

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by Throttleneck, Dec 10, 2012.

  1. Throttleneck

    Throttleneck Tele-Afflicted

    Posts:
    1,565
    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    Location:
    Northern New Mexico
    Hi Folks,

    So I built my first amp. And when it worked the first time I plugged it in I was psyched. But, when I put a new battery in it gets HOT.

    Now I have never used a multi-meter before, but when I put a new battery in it is at ore above 9 v, then when I use it for a bit the voltage drops to around to the 7s.

    Then the battery doesn't get hot any more.

    So, erm. I guess I did something wrong. And how do I figure out what went wrong?

    I feel like I have made a lot of progress in the last week, but I am still so new as to be dangerous.

    Thoughts, next steps? Better place to ask my questions?

    Thanks!

    edited to add. Just measure the new battery I used. I played for a few minutes and the multi-meter reads 8.1. Is that a big drop for only playing for 15 or 20 minutes?
     
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.