Subway rant - as if you need me to tell you

Poster Extraordinaire
I had someone tell me once that they wouldn't eat something with ascorbic acid in it. I asked them if they thought Vitamin C was a good thing and they said, 'oh, of course!'

People latch on to 'the yoga mat' thing and think it means something, when the whole world is made up of common ingredients.

As you say, we all pick for ourselves and our families. There are a million and one reasons I don't go to Subway often. The yoga mat chemistry thing is not one of them... that whole thing was another case of breathless reporting without substance.

So why does their bread smell odd?

Because it nasty.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I had someone tell me once that they wouldn't eat something with ascorbic acid in it. I asked them if they thought Vitamin C was a good thing and they said, 'oh, of course!'

People latch on to 'the yoga mat' thing and think it means something, when the whole world is made up of common ingredients.

As you say, we all pick for ourselves and our families. There are a million and one reasons I don't go to Subway often. The yoga mat chemistry thing is not one of them... that whole thing was another case of breathless reporting without substance.
OK, how about Jared? That's my plan B answer.

Tall-Fir

Tele-Meister
I worked fairly close to a Subway for 10 years. Didn’t mind their Italian type sandwiches at all. I always ordered Italian white bread, American white cheese, toasted, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, spinach, olives, sometimes an avocado, a little oil and pepper—six inch. It was like $5.79 or so as a combo with chips and something to drink. Nice people worked there. They served me well. Their shop was clean and I had no problems going there every once in a while for lunch.

Will never go to Jersey Mikes. My wife Peg and I went there one time. Couldn’t stand all the commotion of the ordering process, the small space for the number of people in the store, all the bellyachers in line, and the fact that they gave us the wrong order. What a waste of time and money. They’re nearly twice as much as Subway. Who can afford to go there is what I would like to know. I’m using my common sense to stay away from Jersey Mikes, and my wallet is a lot nicer that way.

Sounds like many posters in this thread are trying to get their meats from sub type sandwiches. That thought was not a concern for me as my Subway sandwiches were always laden with nice veggies.

wabashslim

Friend of Leo's
I never heard of Jersey Mike scandalizing kids. Remember, Jared (or his shrink) blamed the sandwiches.

Then there's this timely prophecy, made (as I recall) years before the Subway revelation.