Stupid deal

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by popthree, Sep 4, 2019.

1. popthree

popthree Poster Extraordinaire

Traynor quarterhorse 25w micro amp head....69 bucks....ok I'm game

uriah1 likes this.
  2. beyer160

beyer160 Friend of Leo's

That looks cool and the price is right, but I can't for the life of me figure out how I'd use it.

Deaf Eddie and Deeve like this.
  3. bsman

bsman Tele-Afflicted

Yeah - I've got one in my cart and pausing a bit before checkout!

4. popthree

Plug in a guitar and make noise, duh ;)

Ive been wanting something like this for awhile. Potentially cool and for 70 bones with a no questions return policy, why not?

5. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

Tempting. Have my Crate Powerblock 100w, not sure I need another.Still....
    I cant tell from the demo if it does clean well or not. The clean demo is very round and warm. Might just be the tone settings.

6. Deaf Eddie

Deaf Eddie Friend of Leo's

Gosh, I'd love to have one... but after dragging a speaker around to play through, it isn't any more convenient (and probably doesn't sound any better) than my old Fender Frontman 25...

7. bsman

bsman Tele-Afflicted

Looks like there really isn't much (in terms of tone settings). I might want to put my Tech 21 RK5 in front of this to see how the SansAmp does from that perspective.

8. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Sold!!! For the price of a cheap pedal, you bet!! And sounds good too!!

fendrguitplayr likes this.
  9. popthree

Yeah if I end up keeping it an eq pedal will likely be needed. I may send it right back...dunno...no harm trying it. May even sound as good as a frontman 25.

Deaf Eddie likes this.
  10. horseman308

horseman308 Tele-Holic

To me, this type of thing is perfect as a backup amp when you can just run a cable into the speaker of your main amp (should it go down) or if the venue in question provides speaker cabs but not amps (I've never seen this, but anything is possible).

Point is, I agree that it seems kinda pointless to carry rhis and a cab when you could just bring a combo amp. But it's WAY better than bringing TWO combo amps, especially if it's not likely to get used much.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Deaf Eddie and nojazzhere like this.
  11. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

He's a moron. He says it's a "pre-amplifier". Wrong! It's an amplifier, preamp and power amp!

Shuster likes this.
  12. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I agree!! That guy always makes me shake my heado_O

DougM likes this.
  13. GuitarPix

GuitarPix Tele-Meister

I have one, it’s a fantastic backup amp and very usable for gigging in smaller venues or practice - with drum if not too heavy handed. The basic sound of it is quite good. I’ve thought of getting two and running them as a stereo rig.

BB likes this.
  14. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Friend of Leo's

I used to want one of those really badly, bot now I have 2 amps about that size that put out 200 watts each. I still think the Traynor QH is a cool design though, especially with the built in reverb AND trem.

15. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

I'd love to hear back once someone plays one. I was tempted out of curiosity, but could think of a way I'd actually use it.

16. popthree

Mine is out for delivery. I will give my .02 after I tinker with it

17. popthree

Well this thing is going back. Doesn't work for me. I play clean and this thing has a nice quiet clean....very, very quiet. Bedroom volume conversation volume only...even when cranked to the max. I should have known....25 SS watts.

The drive channel is ok...some usable tones can be found....at quiet drummer, small gig volume.

The reverb is somewhat usable if you are careful. Past 3 it turns to soup. The trem is the most usable effect. It's cool. Does deep swampy stuff really well. The echo is garbage.

Calling for RA tomorrow.

18. popthree

Got an RA but was informed I have to pay shipping. Thats reasonable I suppose, just didn'tt think about that before hand. Now I'm vascelating about wherher to send it back or not. Maybe I will spend a little more time with it before I do that. Hmm...stupid me.

19. meric

meric Tele-Holic

I have the Iron Horse and I love the amp. I bought the Quarter Horse on a whim because I like Traynor and it was inexpensive. The Quarter Horse is not a very good amp. It is adequate for a bedroom amp or just for entertaining yourself but it really fails for a jam session or gig with other instruments. I have tried it with a Marshall 4x12, a Peavey 4x12 and a nice Celestion g12-75 and a real cheapo 8" speaker...sounded just ok. It also has a weird ghost repeat sound with the effects (reverb or delay or tremolo) on, it is very quiet but it is there and bugs me. It is fun to play with and marvel at its tiny size but it is not a very good amp in my opinion. I wanted to like it...but it comes up short against my other amps...none of them cost me $119 CAN. though....
    I dont think that you could be disappointed if you only pay seventy dollars but I just dont use it ever.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.