1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Stumbled upon a couple 2020 NAMM guitars...

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Telepirate86, Jan 10, 2020.

1. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

You want a CS '51 Nocaster. :D Some of those have been made in white blonde.

hdvades likes this.
  2. Andoris

Andoris Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I'm curious about the finish on the Broadcaster. Reverb's ad says "Gloss nitrocellulose lacqor". I wonder how that differs from the AV 12-17 "Flash Coat" or the current Wildwood "Thin Skin" (Flash coat and Thin Skin being the same except thin skin being slightly thicker according to WW), or the current AO's that have a poly sealer coat underneath. I know the Page's are the same as the AO, but I wonder what these Broads will have. If it's poly underneath then no thanks, WW for me.

Electric Warrior likes this.
  3. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

I went back and double-checked - the MAP on the 2012-2017 AV Teles was $1,999.99 (they did up the AV 64 by $50 in 2017, blaming the increase on the CITES regulations on Indian rosewood). So I doubt any corners were being cut unless they are doing the nitro-over-poly of the AOs instead of the Wildwood Thinskin finish.

4. Telepirate86

Telepirate86 Tele-Meister

Oh. I thought I remembered AVs getting up to around 2200-2400 around the time they were discontinued

5. Andoris

Andoris Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I bought my 2016 AV 52 new for $2700(plus tax Canadian), and this broadcaster is $2716.87, pretty sweet it's the same price. Also bought a new 2013 AV 58, but got a discount. Sadly, don't have either anymore. Can't get on with low vintage frets/radius. The Broadcaster has vintage tall, probably will make for a nice improvement for some people!

6. Kitarkus

Kitarkus Tele-Meister

7. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

The Strats were $2,299 MAP but the Teles were a bit less. Plus when they were first introduced Fender was still using an MSRP on their website which was probably $2,499 or $2,599 for the Teles as the $1,999 MAP was roughly 20% off the MSRP.

Fender kind of did a "double dip" price increase on that last AV series - they both raised the MSRP significantly over the prior AVRI models and they cut the "discount percentage used to calculate MAP" from about 30-33% down to 20%.

8. whoanelly15

whoanelly15 Tele-Afflicted

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.