1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Stubble Neck Guitar

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TwoBear, Jan 19, 2021.

1. TwoBear

TwoBear Tele-Meister

image.jpg I’ve got nice straps on my main guitars but nylon cheapie straps on my I guess column B guitars. With more Razor neck stubble than usual nowadays those nylon cheapies grab and pull in an awful way. I took my heat gun and I imagine you could probably use a lighter or maybe a hair dryer and it’s not biting anymore! You may be able to see the difference it’s on the side closest to the gun.
    Is it just me or has anyone come up with something else like a solvent or sandpaper or whatever.

2. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Nylon melts under direct flame, fyi. Heat gun might not be great for it either.

3. TwoBear

TwoBear Tele-Meister

Oh yeah I’m hip to that you just move it fast it’s even better if you have someone help but if you’ve ever been pinched by these things, right on your tender neck as it pulls the razor stubble right out, I am open, have you got a better fix?

4. WingedWords

WingedWords Friend of Leo's

Iconic Desperate Dan Shaves Image.jpeg.jpg

Dereksys38 and TwoBear like this.
  5. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

I think my method may differ from yours, but the strap never gets near my neck. Apart from "don't do it like that" or "buy leather," I don't have a great solution, just mentioning that a heat-gun could compromise the ability of a nylon strap to reliably hold the guitar.

Dereksys38 likes this.
  6. TwoBear

TwoBear Tele-Meister

Some thing about getting a sharp pain in your eye when you drink coffee and then someone telling you to take the spoon out? Yeah I hear ya ha ha
    i’m only doing a little edge the outside edge that Touches my neck not the whole thing

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.