Strymon Flint weirdness

jz63

Tele-Holic
Hi everyone
I’ve had a Flint for about a week and all was fine until today. When I power up it’s started making a click sound and then both LEDs light up for a second. A few seconds later it works as if nothing happened. Is this just me or is that something that is common?
Thanks

jz63

Tele-Holic
ps it’s running off of it supplied power lead.
Hi everyone
I’ve had a Flint for about a week and all was fine until today. When I power up it’s started making a click sound and then both LEDs light up for a second. A few seconds later it works as if nothing happened. Is this just me or is that something that is common?
Thanks

Yesyoudidyouare

Tele-Meister
It is actually. Make sure you use the strymons power supply. I have multiple big box strymons and when I plug in my pedalboard they all click up (probably the bypass relay). And yes some lights flickering. Normal for pedals that have the option to true by pass or buffer bypass (you can prob switch flint to carry effect tail over after you switch it off). That’s what’s happening.

unless something else stars happening.

flint is the only one I don’t have, but he one I want the most...

Yesyoudidyouare

Tele-Meister
Actually I have a few expensive pedals... they all react differently to being powered up. Jackson audio golden boy, etc. empress echosystem.

I always try to use furman rack mounted plug strip with anything audio related, like amps etc.

jz63

Tele-Holic
Just got this email back from Strymon
“From what you're describing, this is normal behavior of the Flint, as there is no audio pass through at power up for a moment before it starts working. The click noise and LEDs lighting up is also normal for almost all of our pedals.”

Old Smokey

Tele-Meister
You want to know what is weird about the Flint? Why a Tremolo/Reverb pedal is three freaking hundred dollars.

You do know that a reverb pedal for $150 and a separate trem pedal for $150 is totally normal, right?

My apologies in advance if you are a Donner guy.

SpaceAceman

Tele-Meister
You do know that a reverb pedal for $150 and a separate trem pedal for $150 is totally normal, right?

My apologies in advance if you are a Donner guy.

Depending on how fancy you want, maybe yes, maybe no.

There are a lot of killer Tremolos out there for less than that, and some great, if not super feature loaded reverbs too.

Wound_Up

Tele-Holic
Because it’s 3 terms and 3 verbs in one pedal.

That, doesn't matter to people. JHS has a Rat pedal that's like 8 Rats in 1 and people complain about that, too.

If it's not 2 or more actual pedals, it doesn't matter how many different circuits are in a pedal. That, makes no difference in price to most people for some reason. Doesn't matter that it's actually 8 separate circuits in the JHS pedal. It's too expensive. Smh. Forget the fact that it has like 300 parts in it. It's a single enclosure that costs $249. It's too much for most people <rolleyes>

Skyhook

Friend of Leo's
You want to know what is weird about the Flint? Why a Tremolo/Reverb pedal is three freaking hundred dollars.
Not wierd. It's because it says "Strymon" on it.
Here's a fun exercise... Just watch what happens to the price tag if you remove the Tremolo -part!
Case in point: The Strymon Big Sky. o_O

Mindthebull

Tele-Meister
It’s not weird. Mine does that. Had it on my board for years. Saves real estate having the 2 in 1 enclosure. I am not commenting on the price. To each their own. Not judging.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Hi everyone
Thanks
contact Strymon, sounds like an impending cardiac arrest 😟

old wrench

Friend of Leo's
It's just the nature of the Flint - you might not have noticed it at first

Great pedal, by the way

I don't have a pedal board - just a Flint and a Soul Food - that's all I want or need :)

arlum

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
The only thing I've ever seen break a strymon was plugging in the wrong power supply. Strymon hasn't been around long enough to be able to say how long their pedals will last but the two in my home studio have both been in use for at least 10 years.

SpaceAceman

Tele-Meister
The only thing I've ever seen break a strymon was plugging in the wrong power supply. Strymon hasn't been around long enough to be able to say how long their pedals will last but the two in my home studio have both been in use for at least 10 years.
Worship band duty isn't that rough.