1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Strymon Dig

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Mark617, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Mark617

Mark617 Tele-Meister

I think boredom is leading to gas. I’ve been jonesing a new delay and am drawn to the Dig.
    I’d love to hear all the good & the bad
    Thanks

2. Mark617

Mark617 Tele-Meister

Bueller ? ........Bueller ?

3. ieatlions

ieatlions Tele-Holic

Was on the hunt for a delay and borrowed one off a mate to test drive.

It’s great at what it does. It’s got it’s own sound, you can hear it on all Strymon delays. Now if you like that ‘thing’, it’s good gear. Just wasn’t for me.

I settled on the Providence Chrono delay.

4. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I don't know about Strymon Dig, because I bought the Strymon El Capistran,
    I love it to death, lost or stolen I'd replace it in a heart beat.

5. Mark617

Mark617 Tele-Meister

Thank you

6. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Friend of Leo's

With Strymon in general I agree with @ieatlions that the delays have their own sound. Wasn't for me either. I didn't have a Dig, but I had a Volante for a period of time and sold it before too long. I haven't gone back to Strymon since. Not bad, just not what I wanted according to my personal digital cork sniffery.

In the digital delay I do have a TC D-Two Rack that I like (for sound quality and tweakability reasons,) but not presently using it. I run a Belle Epoche Deluxe and am very happy with that (the actual delays are digital, but the rest of it is analog.)

ieatlions likes this.
  7. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Holic

I’m not a Strymon fan boy, but I do love my Volante. In what areas did you find it inadequate? Just curious, not trying to start an argument. ;)

8. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Friend of Leo's

Great question. I think I just didn't bond with the tone of it. I don't remember specifically, other than that. There was something about the sound I didn't like - honestly, it was a good sounding pedal, but something felt unnatural to me, maybe a warmth I expected and didn't hear/feel? I know thats rather nebulous, but I can get pretty cork sniffy about my delays and what they are doing - can be hard for me to describe, but I tend to bond with stuff or not, even if its quite good and widely used. That and the $400 price tag led me to decide I'd rather have the Belle Epoche Deluxe, for cheaper.

I heard the Belle Epoch and it was just glorious, nothing I didn't like about it, even though I had to fiddle with it a bit to settle it into where I wanted it.

9. CCK1

CCK1 Tele-Meister

I haven't heard anything made by Strymon that I didn't like. But I still would like to know how to pronounce their name, is Stry pronounced like "Stream" or like "Strigh", rhyming with "thigh"?

D_Malone likes this.
  10. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Holic

I get that, thanks. I considered the Belle Epoch but I didn’t want an external device for tap tempo. Honestly, every delay I’ve had has sounded great to me. I guess I’m not that particular. I care more about features and ease of operation.

Glad you found the one for you. Thanks again.

bluesholyman likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.