Strobers United - Peterson Tuners Club

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by Rodrigging, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Rodrigging

Rodrigging Tele-Meister

That's cool as hell, thanks for the post.

2. telesavant

telesavant Tele-Holic

orangedrop; You had the Conn ST-9...great strobe!! Here's a pic of its tube predecessor the Conn ST-8...both can be had reasonably priced these days. I seem to remember Charlie Daniels had a rack setup with 6 or so ST-9's...one for each string!! I rarely need the Stroboconn for guitar things, just overkill and takes precious bench space to use...mostly use the ST-8, just quicker. Don't use it for pianos either, but that's where it rocks!!

Attached Files:

3. rocking rooster

rocking rooster Tele-Holic

A question for you Peterson owners if you please.

Would you recommend a Stomp Classic for a 12 string ?

My old tuner is close enough when using a 6 string but speaks with a forked tongue when trying to tune my Ricky. It'll tell me that each paired string is spot on, but when playing one against the other I can hear a difference. The old tuner is plainly not accurate enough. I'm hoping that the Peterson is more accurate although it's a shed load of dosh for something that doesn't even make a noise.

4. orangedrop

orangedrop Friend of Leo's

The noise an accurate tuner makes, is that of a well tuned, tempered instrument.

When ambient noise (like folks not giving you a moment of silence to tune up in) or time does not allow for precise tuning, that is dosh well spent.;)

5. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

New to strobe tuning. Got a Stomp Classic six months ago, and after some initial "dammit stop moving" problems :D I can't imagine using anything else now. Just got a Peterson headstock clip for my new Martin.

I usually play the sweetened tunings (GTR, ACU), but use straight EQU tuning for setting intonation. Is that recommended usage?

6. orangedrop

orangedrop Friend of Leo's

Since the pitches are so close, it probably does not matter.

however, since intonation is done by 12th fret harmonic and open string pitch being tweaked to match, I do it all in the tuning the instrument is being played in.

7. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I mentioned earlier that I have a Strobo-Stomp (the blue one). Well, two weeks ago, my bass player came over and gave me his silver Strobo-Stomp. He said it didn't track his low tuned five string, so he was giving up on it. I immediately stuck it on my pedalboard and really like it now that I'm used to it. And my guitars have never sounded better.

8. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I have one of these on the workbench, not sure how it fits in the Conn before Peterson history.

9. Long_Ghost

Long_Ghost Tele-Meister

Stomp Classic on my board.Sweet indeed!

10. backwater

backwater TDPRI Member

I have a Strobostomp 2 which gets used as a bench tuner when setting guitars up, a pedal tuner on my electric rig and a pedal tuner/DI for my acoustic. Great piece of kit.

Andy 8)

11. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Tele-Afflicted

V-SAM at home and Strobo for "on the go". I'm a little fanatical too.
    Don

12. bparnell57

bparnell57 Poster Extraordinaire

I have a mint Conn ST-8! Didn't realize we have a club on here.

13. Thin69

Thin69 Friend of Leo's

I've got a VSAM, an original blue Strobo-Stomp and a Strobo-Stomp 2 on a second pedal board. I love their accuracy plus things like the capability to do Buzz Feiten tuning for my Anderson. The high accuracy is also invaluable when setting up intonation. Love um!

14. claytushaywood

claytushaywood Tele-Meister

Old thread revived, I know. But Does anyone know if the PitchGrabber can be used with the Stroboplus HD?

And I've used the strobosoft on an ipad with the pitchgrabber for about a year and I havent been truly impressed when intonating electric guitars. I'm hoping the input jack might help with getting the tuner a little more signal- along with the onboard preamps and audio engine built specifically for the tuner rather than relying on an ipads headphone/mic jack.

what do you all think?

15. aerhed

aerhed Friend of Leo's

Sounds like too many middlemen to me. Latency. Pitch is not constant.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.