1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

strings

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by vicmichaud, May 11, 2012.

1. willie.g

willie.g TDPRI Member

well, in my case, it has more to do with feel than tone. I really don't believe string guage affects tone much if at all, and like you say, you got an amp attached to the other end of the thing to make up for any differences in that regard.

But strings thinner than .010 I just can't feel under my fingers, makes it very hard to play, and especially to bend notes. That's why I had put that weird set together, from 11 to 42 - I can really feel the 11's, but a standard set of 11s goes to like 52 or something, which is then way too fat for me, lol ... In fact, I think the sizes I used were 11, 12, 13, 22, 32, 42 ... something goofy like that.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  2. Alaskabobc

Alaskabobc TDPRI Member

Interesting, I think it might try your set and see how I like it.

3. Cpt.Blues

Cpt.Blues TDPRI Member

Where are you getting Snake Oil Strings??

Robert,

Where are you buying Snake Oil strings? Those are absolutely the best strings I have ever used, but I can't find them anymore. The owner seemed like a flake and there have been numerous Internet stories of people placing orders and not receiving their strings.

Do you have a secret stash stored somewhere??

4. BopT

BopT Tele-Afflicted

D'addario and Thomastik are what I have on my teles. 9 or 10s depending on setup. I went from 10s to 9s on my 52 ri and am having a lot of fun with the extra bending. Brand seems to matter less than gauge to me.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.