String suppliers that are shipping fast right now?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by highwaycat, Sep 20, 2020.

1. highwaycat

highwaycat Tele-Holic

Anyone know who’s shipping guitar strings fast right now?
    I was using one company because you can choose individual strings and put together custom sets. Last order took months. Maybe things have slightly changed recently but just wondering.

2. GGardner

GGardner Friend of Leo's

Funny, I just put in my first order with JustStrings. I needed a bunch of E steel strings (and didn't want to buy more full sets), and also got a full set of Elixirs for my Taylor. I hope that they will arrive in a reasonable amount of time.

highwaycat likes this.
  3. highwaycat

highwaycat Tele-Holic

I hope so too. Last march I ordered from a similar company for guitar tech needs. Was hit unexpectedly by the corona cats.
    I also need the yngwie string set but the local shops don’t have 8 gauge strings. I might do ebay for small orders for now.

GGardner likes this.
  4. highwaycat

highwaycat Tele-Holic

A couple months ago I ordered 12 sets of strings from either musicians freind or sweetwater. Over a month and a half they would send what they had in stock. But I only order budget strings from them.
    I need d addarios and fender strings.

5. Fearnot

Fearnot Poster Extraordinaire

"In these uncertain times"... some string manufacturers have been shut down for months and others are having difficulty getting materials. I've been finding a lot of empty racks where the strings used to be at local music stores.

6. dogmeat

dogmeat Tele-Afflicted

just got a load from Strings and Beyond in the mail today. ordered last week. 2 ten packs of GHS

Greggorios and highwaycat like this.
  7. David Meiland

David Meiland Tele-Meister

I use XL110, best price I could find recently was at StewMac, 10 sets for a little under 4 bucks each, showed up in 3 days.

8. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

This is a great subject. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

My thought is, D'Addario probably is #1 in volume and they have a reputation for selling fresh strings. But like many, I haven't replenished my supply in 6 months. Maybe the next step is, figure out who sells a fair amount but also has superior packaging.

9. highwaycat

highwaycat Tele-Holic

I just placed an order with strings n beyond.

There’s also guitar center but the chilli-cat doesn’t go there anymore due to a bad customer service experience.

10. BladeStratford

BladeStratford Tele-Meister

I've been surprised how many string sets are now available on Amazon. Many of them are listed in Prime with very fast delivery and great pricing. Amazon's not my favorite retailer for many reasons but if you need them cheap and fast they're hard to beat sometimes.

Jakedog likes this.
  11. Martinp

Martinp Tele-Afflicted

I got them from Sam Ash at Amazon, I had them in 3 days

Greggorios likes this.
  12. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I’ve been ordering my strings from Pitbull Audio lately. I like them because they have the option of buying six packs and 12 packs. And they ship super quickly. I ordered a whole box of Ernie Ball 10’s in July and got them two days later. Just ordered 12 sets of Ernie ball acoustics today. They were in stock, so I expect I’ll see them Tuesday or Wednesday.

13. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Seems supplies have become short since a certain malaise arose. A friend of mine has even ordered an 88 key board online and he's on a list. A certain copy of a Les Paul , very good, in Sydney is out of stock. Seems the world is playing more instruments and suppliers can't keep up with demand.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.