1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

String Ferrules for Mighty-Mite Body?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by PJ55, Jun 26, 2012.

1. PJ55

PJ55 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I found a nice Sea Foam Green Tele Body at the Philly Guitar Show last weekend. I've been Jonesin' to build-out one for years. The string spacing is correct according to the Fender Vintage Bridge, but the string-ferrule drilling mics-out at .285" to .290." At this dimension or 7.3mm, that's not standard drilling for any ferrules I can find. It appears that the only option is to drill the holes out for the 5/16" Fender Ferrules? If anyone knows if there are ferrules made for this MM drill dimension, I am curious (and need to put something in them holes).

2. oramac7891

oramac7891 Friend of Leo's

Probably just the finish build up. A pretty common approach is to put the ferrule in the hole, the heat it up slightly by sticking a soldering iron tip into the ferrule. The finish should heat up just slightly ( be careful not to burn the finish) and will allow the ferrule to slide into the hole, and give a nice tight finish.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.