Streaming TV.....what are you watching?

Ed Driscoll

Friend of Leo's
Clarkson's Farm and Top Gear/The Grand Tour on Amazon. I enjoyed Star Trek: Picard last year, although I found the writing at times very derivative (much of it felt like Star Trek meets Blade Runner), and the season ender awfully hokey. But it was great seeing Patrick Stewart back in action. If you're a fan of New York City, Fran Lebowitz and Martin Scorsese's Pretend It's a City on Netflix is brilliant at times.

I'm looking forward to the three-part Beatles' Get Back at the end of the month. But at six hours, I hope the scenes leading up to the rooftop concert will be interesting to watch.

wabashslim

Friend of Leo's
Completely caught up on Dopesick. Amazing show.
But so damn aggravating! My wife quit it halfway through the first episode and that's fine. I don't need both of us here walking around with our blood boiling.

But sometimes I get the same effect from Curb Your Enthusiasm.

HoodieMcFoodie

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I'll second Clarkson's Farm on Amazon. If you're a city boy and wondered how stuff gets grown it's a good introduction to farming, even though it's done in typical Clarkson style. Even my wife, who's a farmers daughter, thought it was interesting and educational.

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I don't seem to have the ability to binge anymore, or hardly even sit still. My Netflix account is clogged with series, and even movies, that I quit halfway through. I think my record is getting through the second season of Blacklist...

gimmeatele

Friend of Leo's
At the moment ' good girls' and working our way through the whole of ' modern family' which I have to say never fails to make me laugh, sublime and ridiculous comedy mixed together for laugh about loud TV.

Lucius Paisley

Tele-Afflicted
I enjoyed Star Trek: Picard last year, although I found the writing at times very derivative (much of it felt like Star Trek meets Blade Runner), and the season ender awfully hokey. But it was great seeing Patrick Stewart back in action

1. OF COURSE it's derivative, it's science fiction.
2. OF COURSE it's hokey, it's Star Trek.

Nothing wrong with comfort food.

bgmacaw

Poster Extraordinaire
On Netflix

Black Mirror - Kind of hit and miss but some are really good. Some of them make you think that our Big Tech overlords are using them as a template and not as a dystopian warning.

Oats Studios - Interesting, but incomplete, concepts. I hope some of these eventually get made into actual shows.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs - Western anthology series, a bit dark at points, funny at points, some dark/gallows humor as well ("First time?")

The Witcher - Like watching D&D adventures brought to the screen

Eurovision The Story of Fire Saga - I enjoyed this one, a good blend of music, humor with a dash of supernatural

Love Death + Robots - An animated anthology series along the lines of the Heavy Metal movies. Some episodes are good, some not so good, some/most are R rated

IT Crowd - Funny Brit-com on working in corporate IT

The various baking reality shows are a guilty pleasure of mine, especially Nailed It and Great British Baking

On Amazon Prime

The Expanse - The best hard science fiction show ever made.

Upload - An interesting, sometimes humorous, sometimes dark take on uploading ones' consciousness to a digital afterlife.

Utopia - Very dark series, perhaps too topical for the times we currently live in. I think they have both the American and British versions available.

There are also numerous music documentaries, concert videos and the like there. Quality varies and they tend to come and go frequently. Amazon's dicey search makes them hard to find. Decline of Western Civilization I and II are worth watching, especially if you're into 80's music, primarily early punk and metal. Hired Gun is also interesting.

goonie

Friend of Leo's
Rewatching Seinfeld. Nearing the end of series 3. The show is still finding its feet but still brilliant.

1guy

Tele-Meister
My TV's on almost from the time I wake up til I go to bed, but I rarely just sit and watch it...it's background noise and light.

I have a real love-hate relationship with TV. In my mind, it's a terrible waste of time with majority bad (in my mind) programs. However, there are great educational and interesting stuff, if you look for them.

I just stay away from network stuff completely and have a rule: not interested in shows with cops, lawyers, doctors, sitcoms, CSIs, or reality shows.

And now I'm more a casual sports fan, except college football. So I don't follow any particular pro teams.

The last show I tried to get into was Stranger Things. I like the first season, somewhat, but the second season seemed like a rehash of the first. And I'm not really crazy about watching kids and their awkward pre-teen/teen years.

*Old angry man steps down from soapbox* :lol:

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
"Firefly" used to be on Netflix - it's an amazing series and a movie to boot.

"What We Do in the Shadows" is amusing.

"Dead Like Me" was also on Netflix - very funny.

+1 for "Longmire" and "Hell on Wheels." Great Western action.
Dead Like Me was (is) incredible. Supposedly they'll be back with a third....and final....season.

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
We found all the Disney+ episodes concerning imagineering, parks development, and zoo life very interesting. There are hundreds of concert videos across the platforms you mentioned. We enjoy Jack Ryan series on Amazon, and Queen’s Gambit on Netflix was cool, too.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
CAN'T WAIT!!! Thanks for the tip!
I AM SO SORRY!......I was thinking about Dead To Me.....the Christina Applegate black comedy. If you haven't seen it, check it out, it's HILARIOUS.
And I'll check out Dead LIKE Me, as well. (not familiar)
Anyway, sorry to get your hopes up. Dead TO Me was a two season show, with a third season delayed because of 2020 events. Catch it if you can. (Netflix, I believe)

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
Have watched a lot during lockdown, I don't buy anything, just watch whatever is on Freeview here in the UK. Some of this may be available to you in the USA through, or via a VPN you may be able to watch it on the BBC/ITV/Channel4 websites.

Line of Duty
Happy Valley
Endeavour/Inspector Morse/Lewis
Borgen
The Bridge
Baptisite
Time
Father Ted
Mrs Brown
Shameless
Greyzone
Ice Cold Murders
GBH
Sword of Honour

About to start next on "We are lady parts"

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Currently watching, from beginning to end, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Yeah, you read right.....and you can have my Man Card when you pry it out of my cold, undead fingers. ;)
Oh....on Prime.
After I finish, I'll go back and watch Angel. ;)

You gotta be tough to binge watch. I watched every episode of The Rifleman, Wanted Dead or Alive, and The Rebel (Johnny Yuma). Then I started in on "24" and ran out of gas. I discovered I had enough of Jack's hollering all of the time. I mean hey man, looking in the mirror, brushing your teeth and hollering NOW all of the time, it just got to be too much. He saved the world so many times, I decided to just let it go ahead and let it come to and end, going to anyway someday. So far, it's still going, was he just conning me? :eek:

I have watched almost every episode of Law and Order, enough that I sent away and got a law degree to practice law in Kiribati if I should decide to move there.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I don't seem to have the ability to binge anymore, or hardly even sit still. My Netflix account is clogged with series, and even movies, that I quit halfway through. I think my record is getting through the second season of Blacklist...

Oh c'mon man, if got through a whole season of Blacklist, you can climb any mountain. You could watch I love Lucy for days!

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Now that we got a bump in internet speed for free, my wife is bingeing on all sorts of streaming series’ … while I practice my guitar playing. I would give you her list of favorites, but she is a bass player:rolleyes:, so those series would not apply here.:twisted::lol:

I gotta say, one of her favorites is a weirdo couple redoing/restoring an old mansion/castle thing. Seems like more of a realty show, but both of my step-daughters are hooked as well. Ummm, yeah, “That’s alright, I still got my guitar”.:cool: