1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Stratocaster pickup in neck position

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by domdavid, Oct 22, 2020.

1. FortyEight

FortyEight Tele-Holic

Yeah. I play more rhythm guitar and it's a good, clean, warm sound. It works for some solos too. And yeah, I use the combination a lot. I'm trying to learn to use the bridge more with the tone turned down. And I've been doing that when using them both. But every tele I owned in my life, which includes an american and two mexicans and now this squier, I've not been real fond of the bridge. Too trebly to me.

2. somebodyelseuk

somebodyelseuk Tele-Meister

It's what Squiers are for. Did it back in 86, to my E series MIJ Squier Tele. Kahler trem, EMG 85 bucker in the bridge, SA in the neck. No, I never played metal.
    That guitar was bloody versatile and sounded spectacular. Only stopped playing it after Peter Green signed it in the mid 90s. THAT was the "mod" I regretted. Was afraid to play it in case the signature wore off.
    Don't be afraid to mod a guitar. Nothing you buy new today is going to be be worth a fortune in 50 years. Those days are over.

FortyEight likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.