1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Stratocaster Mexico Deluxe vintage blond

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Craig Williams, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Craig Williams

Craig Williams Tele-Meister

This is the model with the noiseless pick ups and extra switch to bring the neck pick up in with bridge.
    About 2016 / 17 I think

Been looking at one of these and seems to fit my requirements including 12" radius board, 70s headstock, Ash body and noiseless pick ups. Unable to find a used one so may have to pull the trigger on a new one. Irks me a bit that a new one of these is a comparable price to a used US in near new condition.

Just wondering if there is any love for these? Is the 2 point bridge and noiseless PU US parts?
    Are the Ash bodies from the states? Just wondering what sort of bang for my buck I would be getting here, and most importantly how do they play and sound?

Any help appreciated

Fender deluxe strat.jpg

2HBStrat likes this.
  2. Lowerleftcoast

Lowerleftcoast Friend of Leo's

Mine is older. 3 piece Ash body. Wide bridge spacing. Vintage tuners. I replaced the trem block with a higher mass. Much more sustain now.

I received mine in pieces. Missing the noiseless pick ups. I highly recommend a MIM Deluxe. Ime, it is closer in spec to an American Strat than it is to a Standard Mex Strat.

Like any pick ups, the noiseless pick ups are liked by some and not by others. You kinda have to make up your own mind about them. I wind my own pickups so it is not a concern to me.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  3. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's

No experience with this model, but two-point trems are great. It's like the typical advice re. setting up six-screw trems (loosen up the inner 4 screws and leave the outer two) manifested in a refined design.

I don't know what particular noiseless pickups this has. My American Deluxe has SCN's and I think they sound great once you get the heights sorted out. Other's experience may vary but I like them sitting a little higher than what might seem "typical".

4. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

The older one was called the Deluxe Player's Strat and had the neck on button,gold hardware and came in great colors. The trans blue with gold is especially pretty.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.