Stratele partscaster for Brainy

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Chordophonic, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Chordophonic

Chordophonic Tele-Meister

So, I found this Wudtone finished green Swamp Ash Stratele body for sale on the UK Fretboard forum, it was green and cheap, so I bought it, having most parts in the parts box to complete the build, or so I thought....might as well put it together in memory of Brainy, who on occasion made me laugh out loud.....and it is Greenish.....

Anyroadup heres the body as finished by the previous owner......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2blue2 likes this.
  2. Chordophonic

Ok, so the body arrived and was a bit darker than the images suggest and in really nice condition, a little different, right up my alley.....

I have a Strat style neck with CBS head and rosewood board, but it didn't look right, so I have ordered a Mighty Mite Strat neck, Vee profile, maple board vintage frets.
    Suddenly this finish with parts from the parts box is getting more expensive......
    I have a couple of Strat trems in the parts box too, yep you guessed, they don't fit...too narrow, Wilkinson Trem in the mail.
    I have a set of tuners, but find that one is missing.....grrrr, Wilkinson tuners in the mail......
    I do however have a Standard Strat Aluminium scratchplate, I would prefer Aluminum, but we can only get Aluminium this side of the pond, as I cant tell the difference it will do......previous owner "aged it", it looks ok and suits the pale green body, photo later....
    I can also confirm pickups and selector switch are in the parts box along with neck plate and screws and a boatload of scratchplate screws, Schaller straplocks also...

Pickups will be Bare Knuclke Mothers Milks in Neck and Middle and a Lil59 at the bridge, all wired like all my Strats throuh a Tele 3 way switch to give Neck, Neck and Middle and Bridge, with the second tone working the bridge......more to follow soon....

2blue2 likes this.
  3. Chordophonic

The Scratchplate

[​IMG]

2blue2 likes this.
  4. 2blue2

2blue2 Friend of Leo's

Professor of Guitar-ology R. Stratenstein said, 'Just don't make it to damn green! ' but I think yours just right. Cool will b watching

5. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

Nice, I dig it!

6. teletubby25

teletubby25 Tele-Meister

Ya, what they said.

7. Chordophonic

A bit more progress, neck has had two coats of TruOil and tuners fitted. Lil59, switch and pots fitted to the scratchplate, Wilkinson trem screwed into place....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

Very nice!

9. MM73

MM73 Tele-Afflicted

...you are practically done in 7 posts???

It takes some guys 7 pages just to get thru the introductions!

Looks cool - the black knobs look good with the bridge pickup. I like the aluminium plate also.

So, are you sure you don't have any mistakes or second guesses you want to talk about? I mean, nobody even got a chance to post a monkey pic. Just a shout out for some kind of posting etiquette. Thou shalt ramble pointlessly at least once.

Mbechmann and John Nicholas like this.
  10. Chordophonic

Bear in mind I have to wire it up yet, that is always a disaster for me and takes a couple of goes, The body was already finished which saved loads of time.....

11. budgetbuild

budgetbuild Tele-Meister

Looks great!

12. oldrebel

oldrebel Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Nice, I like it!!

13. 2blue2

2blue2 Friend of Leo's

Maybe Chordophonic is a man of few words. and

Brevity is Underrated.

But MM73 is right. 7 posts is on the short side. I want some humor in it. and brainy threads maybe need some innuendo. At least you got some green! An That second post rambles a little....
    Of coarse my thread is sucky 2..
    So I'm helping out here by Tossing in a slightly used monkey pic monkey_playing_guitar.png
    like lookin in a mirror yeah!?!
    Bet he's playing rockabilly.!!.

---------
    Jeff

MM73, John Nicholas and Barncaster like this.
  14. TRexF16

TRexF16 Friend of Leo's Vendor Member

TONE, TONE, TONE. I love it. Been planning this myself on a 2-knob job. You beat me to it.

It's all TONE, baby,
    Rex

15. 2blue2

2blue2 Friend of Leo's

S
    sorry Chordophonic, that comment came out sounding bad. This thread doesn't suck its just brief. Again apologies.

16. Chordophonic

No need for apologies 2Blue!

Work got in the way of progress over the weekend, should get some more done on Monday

2 Blue - that Monkey should be spanked!......

17. 2blue2

2blue2 Friend of Leo's

Thankyou:cool:

18. a_pidgeon

a_pidgeon Tele-Meister

"Two-knob job" is quite an evocative phrase. May make a good band/album name.

Chordo, this thing looks endlessly cool. That's an interesting wiring scheme you've got there. Is there no part of you that ever misses the 2 and 3 positions on a standard Strat? I swing back and forth between lots of switching options (Carvin Bolt en route w/ 6) and exactly zero (partsquire w/ pickup wired directly to output jack).

Can't wait to see this one come together!

19. Chordophonic

Two knob job......schoolboy humour time.......

I'd love to be able to say that 3 tone knobs was a deliberate choice, but alas, it's all there was in the Knob box.......Knob Box (another band name?)

Not sure my Spank the Monkey comment translated across the pond it being a Limey term (one of many) for a certaim solo male pleasure activity...anyroadup moving along......

In reply to the pidgeon.......it's a wiring diagram that a grown up devised for me at my request on my other favourite forum "The Fretboard" on this side of the pond.....
    I guess a single pickup guitar was designed for people like me, because faced with a choice, I the have to make one, then change my mind, then change it again, you get the picture....and thats how it often is for me when faced with a choice of more than one pickup selection.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'n not too sure.....

So i came up with the idea of 3 choices rather than 5, it works for me.......and if I feel the need to change then its a 5 minute soldering job to put a 5 way in its place, well, it is for a grownup anyway, so would take me a couple of tries, electrcity being the work of the dark side.

I can confidently gum up a 3/5 way switch with solder and burn myself doing it......but one gets there eventually.......Chicks dig blistered fingesr eh?!

Blistered Fingers...another band name?

Off to Spank the Monkey....

Best wishes from Brexit Land!

MM73 likes this.
  20. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

You'll go blind!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.