1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Strat trem and block question

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by GK34, Sep 25, 2020.

1. GK34

GK34 Tele-Meister

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I am interested in upgrading the block and trem on my Squier Classic Vibe 50's. Does anyone know a good but affordable option?

2. warrent

warrent Friend of Leo's

This Fender bridge is a drop in replacement. Note that it only comes as the bridge you will need to keep the claw springs and screws from your current bridge. It does give you an almost full size block though.

https://www.guitarpartsfactory.us/i...-Tremolo-Bridge-Strat-Stratocaster-0071014049

or at Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LJY360C/?tag=tdpri-20

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    garrett likes this.
  3. GK34

GK34 Tele-Meister

4. sjtalon

sjtalon Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Not to burst the ballon, but I wouldn't spend too much coin on those things.

It's subjective, and sure any component change can effect tone in the end, but who's to say you end up "BETTER".

Most people that change things will say the "difference" or sustain is BETTER, but that's really impossible without a true A B blind test.

If you spent 50 bucks on a block, and go by what those manufacturers brag about, you will REALLY love the kool-aid :lol:.

and naturally, those on board with that will be the ones in the do it club, because they don't want to feel foolish that that got hoodwinked.

Anyway, I always say, YOUR geetar, YOUR ears, and YOU have to be the one that gets the result YOU want, not what someone else claims (me included;))

Best to get one from someone that will take returns (great amazon link there), then YOU have the option of sending it back if you don't get what YOU want out of it.

.02 and such as

Happy pickin'

bullfrogblues likes this.
  5. joealso

joealso Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Interesting video. Spoiler alert, blocked trem wins here

matty428 likes this.
  6. slauson slim

slauson slim Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Why change? What do you seek to accomplish?

7. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

Keep one thing in mind, and it's something I learned when I attempted to put a heavier trem block into my MIM Stratocaster: not all of those back cavities are routed the same way. The heavier trem block worked in one of my MIM stratocasters, but when I tried it in a different one, it fit but the movement was restricted . I could only pull up a small amount on it before the block hit the wood.

8. 63 vibroverb

63 vibroverb Tele-Afflicted

The Kluson cold rolled steel block changed my strat profoundly, and much more affordable around $25. It sounds crazy, but the trem springs also play a big part in your strat’s sound/feel. I went from the 3 stock springs to 5 Raw Vintage springs and wish I made the changes sooner.

9. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

10. GK34

GK34 Tele-Meister

Thanks all for the suggestions. Sorry, I was not aiming to start a discussion on whether or not to modify the guitar. I just wanted to get some suggestions for affordable blocks. Thanks!

schmee likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.