1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Strat SD Antiquity Texas hots vs SD Psychedelics PU

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by uriah1, Feb 26, 2021.

1. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

I posted this earlier on the sister (strat forum)..

Just curious for new pu swap what I should be looking at.

I Have some Antiquity texas hots in maple strat I like, have Lollar in rosewood neck., and
    various other kit guitars. Antiquities seem nice and fat, I could go to those again.

I am late to the table with psychedelics, but, seemed sort of nice mixed bag of tricks for rock and blues
    stuff. The Hendrix seemed too brash , but you never know. Did the ssl3,5,etc..on other projects. I did read where someone posted the psychedelics were lacking in mids.

I usually take out the OE Fender stuff that comes in guitars since they sound too beach boy bright.

Been through billions and billions lol (voodoo,Fralin,demarz, misc, boutiques)

Just searching the weeds..tks

2. Danbgreen

Danbgreen TDPRI Member Platinum Supporter

Just installed Custom Shop Fender Fat 60s in my sunburst CV 60s. There’s not a great deal of info in these. They are definitely warmer, more bass and mids then a classic Strat sound. Less hollow, less chime, but Positions 2 and 4 still have great quack and the bridge alone is tele like. Overall higher output, can be set low or high. Great sounds for leads...

uriah1 likes this.
  3. Gris

Gris Tele-Meister

I like loooow output PUs in a Strat. To me that’s what a good Strat is, kinda scooped, almost acoustic. Otherwise, grab a Tele or LP! Anyway, I really dig Lollar tweed in neck. Klein is great too!

4. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Well I ended up with the Bare Knuckle Irish set, with zinc baseplate for bridge.
    Mission accomplished.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.