Strat Megaswitch S Question

spoontex

TDPRI Member
Hi,

I've a standar stratocaster with Seymour Duncan pickups. STK-S7 on neck and middle and a Trembucker 59' on bridge. Actually I have this configuration.

Position 1: Bridge
Position 2: Middle + Split Bridge ( cancel south coil )
Position 3: Middle
Position 4: Middle + Neck
Position 5: Neck

This is the HSS3 wiring from Schaller.

Now I want to try the HSS2 wiring, but I noticed that the only difference respectively to HSS3 is that in position 2 the red and white cables joint to neck pickup.

Is that correct? I always thought that for splitting the north coil of a humbucker I need another wiring.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Megaswitch_S_GB_EN.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • SD Coil Splitting.jpg
    SD Coil Splitting.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 15

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
It is just a question of which coil is shorted out. The SD diagrams show the short going to ground both times, so they also swap the coils around, but you can short the coil to the output as well.
The question though is whether the B(single)+M combo is humbucking. I think that could force your hand on which coil to use (you need RWRP between the two hum-cancelling coils. Reverse winding you can do by soldering, reverse polarity takes a big magnet).
If you want to have the split coil physically nearer (or further?) to the middle pickup, can you just rotate the humbucker 180° Without any wiring changes? (If it has a 3-screw mounting I realise that is not simple.)