1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Strat Hardtail Bridge on a Tele

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by arem, Feb 15, 2014.

1. arem

arem Tele-Meister

I'm messing with the idea of putting a full sized hum bucker in the bridge of my Am Std Telecaster, it's a 97 with the square bridge saddles. Would a Strat hardtail bridge like this one be a direct retrofit for the standard Tele bridge plate? And what would be the best way to mount the hum bucker, just remove enough wood to fit it in and screw it to the guitar directly? Or mount it in a ring? I don't care about cosmetics so whatever is easiest is fine.

[​IMG]

2. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

3. arem

arem Tele-Meister

That doesn't fit on an American Standard though… I would need three screw holes instead of four.

4. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Right.

The saddle type tells us, the through holes are roughly the same from American Series Tele to American Series Strat Hardtail.

But the mount holes are quite different.

I'm more concerned about the logistics of switching pickups. All the routing.

5. arem

arem Tele-Meister

Like I said, cosmetics aren't a big concern with me, ugly and effective is fine. Are the mount holes really different? I've never had a hard tail Strat to examine, but I don't want to waste the money if it's not a direct replacement.

6. gmann

gmann Friend of Leo's

7. dsutton24

dsutton24 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Look at the bridge on your guitar. An American bridge will have three mounting screws in front of the string-through holes. An MIM and most imports will have four mounting screws behind the string-through holes.

Looking at the photo you posted, it looks like there are three screw holes between the saddles and the back lip of the bridge. If that's the case, that's an American bridge, and should fit a MIA guitar.

8. TNO

TNO Friend of Leo's

Go for the Rutter's bridge. Worth the money.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.