1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Strat Bridge pins

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Mission6_OG, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Mission6_OG

Mission6_OG Tele-Meister

image.jpg So I got my Squire 60’s CV Strat for Christmas. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS GUITAR!!! By far the best guitar I’ve ever had and played! That’s really not saying a lot being is I am so new. I have been lucky to play a few other guitars though and this one beats everything else with ease!!!

So my question is, as I was doing some maintenance/cleaning of my guitars, I noticed my bridge pins were at an angle. Maybe this angle isn’t as bad as I am making it out seem. Maybe it’s the newbie inexperience in me. Now this guitar plays great and sounds great! To me anyway. I know I’ll learn more at tuning and detailing my amp/guitar settings to make it sound better and of course become a better player myself. So how much does this angle affect my tone or does it even? Is this something I need to address? Pic included. As always guys, thank you in advance for your help! You guys have all been nothing short of amazing in helping me out to learn as much as possible!

2. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

That does look a bit crookedy...

The saddles (where the strings pass over) should be straight, with each string passing over the center of its saddle, between the two height adjustement screws.

If the guitar plays fine and stays in tune, ignore it for now and fix it at the next string change.

Steve Holt and Gaz_ like this.
  3. posttoastie

posttoastie Tele-Afflicted

^^^^ I would even out the saddle screws, and realign the lower screw parts to they are more up/down with the strings loosened. Push the saddles tight together and tune with the strings in the middle area of saddles.
    Easy fix.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.